Drinking Good in The Neighborhood!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
5 year old gets drunk at Applebee's

http://www.local6.com/news/5939518/detail.html

Mom Sues After 5-Year-Old Allegedly Served Long Island Iced Tea

A mother in New York is suing an Applebee's restaurant after her 5-year-old son was allegedly served a Long Island Iced Tea instead of apple juice.

Cynthia Pereles said she took her son Seth to dinner at the franchised restaurant in Battery Park City and ordered him an apple juice. Pereles said she did not realize her son was drinking a concoction of white rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, Coke and sweet-and-sour mix until it was too late. The boy's eyes became glazed and he began to laugh uncontrollably, according to a report.

Pereles said the restaurant admitted the mistake but she is still suing for $75,000. "When you're looking at your 5-year-old and you're asking him, quiet down Seth, sit still and you see that mentally and physically he cannot comply with what you're asking him to do because he is under the influence," Pereles said.

The boy was taken to the hospital and doctors found alcohol in the child's blood. Pereles said the restaurant admitted the mistake but she is still suing for $75,000.

A manager at the restaurant declined comment.

J

JRB

Yeah - it's so easy to mistake that for apple juice. Who the hell puts ice in apple juice, for that matter???

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
Yeah - it's so easy to mistake that for apple juice. Who the hell puts ice in apple juice, for that matter???
You don't serve a 5 year old in a tall, breakable glass.

Possible set up? Mom knows bartender?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Fine, Applebees made a big mistake, but was there really $75,000 worth of damage done? Let's be honest, I'm sure the kid enjoyed the whole thing, sans the hangover, and children are often served alcohol in other cultures. Maybe not that young and maybe not that much, but it is not seen as that big a big deal.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't know what these people are upset about. She paid for an apple juice which costs what, a buck fiddy? She got a Long Island Iced Tea which goes for what, five bucks? Looks like she scored to me.