Quantcast

Drinky drinky drinky drink

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
15,192
0
¡Phoenix!
DRB said:
Actually 3, slowpoke. I've been drinking for awhile. I just got around to telling y'all about it.
Oh, so is this where you get all sour and angry right before the "I love you man"?

Cancelled meeting = 20 minutes until consumption!
 

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
7,165
1
austin
i just found out a high school friend of mine was involved in a car accident, and burned beyond recognition. not sure what i'll be drinking.
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
3 more hours till GUINNESS TIME!!!!

I will be consuming many pints of the black stuff out of the pint glass I aquired from a pub in Dublin. :D
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,033
1
Denver
The woman I'm dating sells wine for a living, the kind that costs $50-150 in a restaurant, the kind that never gives you a headache later, the kind where you smell it and it makes your nose dance.

She gets lots of free samples from her various suppliers.

So I'm sure that's what we'll be drinking later... I've become very spoiled.

Last night, we had a Pinot Noir from New Zeland, wow.
 

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
8,933
0
Montgomery county MD
the Inbred said:
i just found out a high school friend of mine was involved in a car accident, and burned beyond recognition. not sure what i'll be drinking.
Are you serious? Thats terrible! I'm sorry man.

And...... I don't think you should be drinking anything tonight
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,659
26
behind the viewfinder
LordOpie said:
The woman I'm dating sells wine for a living, the kind that costs $50-150 in a restaurant, the kind that never gives you a headache later, the kind where you smell it and it makes your nose dance.
that magical, mystical kind?

hangover-free wine...yr not drinking enough. ;)
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,033
1
Denver
narlus said:
that magical, mystical kind?

hangover-free wine...yr not drinking enough. ;)
no, I mean, headache... the kind you get from "cheap" wine, the $10-20 stuff.

Oh, plus, she sells other stuff and got a full sampling of the Hangar One Vodka line (regular and infused)... I very much recommend it. Goooood stuff! it's now my favorite over Chopin, Grey Goose, etc.
 

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
15,287
0
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Excellent a flask a non-profit event. FANTASTIC.

So the bus ride home was kinda funny. I usually mix a big drink for the ride home. As I was climbing on the bus, my bookbag fell off my shoulder and I tossed my bus fare to make sure I didn't spill my drink. I'm pretty sure from the look on the bus drivers face he knew the skinny.
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
LordOpie said:
no, I mean, headache... the kind you get from "cheap" wine, the $10-20 stuff.

Oh, plus, she sells other stuff and got a full sampling of the Hangar One Vodka line (regular and infused)... I very much recommend it. Goooood stuff! it's now my favorite over Chopin, Grey Goose, etc.
Another good reason to not drink wine. Good wine is expensive. Good beer isn't. :thumb:
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
LordOpie said:
The woman I'm dating sells wine for a living, the kind that costs $50-150 in a restaurant, the kind that never gives you a headache later, the kind where you smell it and it makes your nose dance.

She gets lots of free samples from her various suppliers.

So I'm sure that's what we'll be drinking later... I've become very spoiled.

Last night, we had a Pinot Noir from New Zeland, wow.
Ever had Kendall Jackson Opus One?
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,033
1
Denver
Is KJ the only one who makes Opus One? I'm not sure what it is, but I had something recently called that, but KJ doesn't ring a bell. We went to a "work" party at her bosses house and between the dozen of us, we drank like 30 different bottles of all sorts of stuff. Those people can have food poisoning and still drink me under the table.
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,761
182
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah what Narlus said, nothing to do with KJ.

And yes I've had it and been to the winery. Tasty stuff and a very impressive operation. It's a reliable high-end Cab.

I am about 2 hours away from getting my drink on...formulating a plan...
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,457
2,028
MTB New England
I stopped on the way home and bought a 12 pack of Spaten Oktoberfest. I was all ready to buy some good winter ale, but then I saw half of pallet of Spaten Oktoberfest sitting there in the liquor store, looking sad and lonely, just asking to be bought, wanting to go to a good home. I figure we've got five/six more months of winter brews, so I went with the Oktoberfest since it was there...and it's good.
 

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
15,287
0
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I Are Baboon said:
I stopped on the way home and bought a 12 pack of Spaten Oktoberfest. I was all ready to buy some good winter ale, but then I saw half of pallet of Spaten Oktoberfest sitting there in the liquor store, looking sad and lonely, just asking to be bought, wanting to go to a good home. I figure we've got five/six more months of winter brews, so I went with the Oktoberfest since it was there...and it's good.
You sir are of the highest caliber. I salute you.
 

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
2,384
0
DC/Bluemont VA
tonight is a friend's birthday party and we're making her this vicious everclear punch called apple pie. the girls just lap it up. . . you can't even tell there's booze in it.
 

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
6,262
15
Glitter Gulch
reflux said:
Wtf is that? I've never heard of it. Whatever, happy flasking!

our department (anthropology) puts together course groupings that if completed would give you a certification in something. If i were an undergrad it would be like my minor. since i'm at graduate level it's just a certification. it's 16 hours of course work in neighborhood development and poverty, administration courses. a lot of anthropology and social work mixed together. then you have to attend a conference, do some fund raising, get an internship with a non profit. work 100 hours there.

we also have a GIS certification and in the near future will have a public health certification. if i had it my way, that's what i would be getting, but right now this is all i have to chose from.