Quantcast

Do you use drive throughs when available?

• Total voters

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Honda Civic is like a race car. The Parking lots of most fast food places are marked off like little racetracks. I usually time the first couple of laps and try to beat my time before the police show up and then the race is on.... I haven't been caught yet. My favorite course is the Taco Bell by the Mall as it is just big enough to be fun and the girl that runs the window is kind of cute so I try to showoff for her and because it is by the mall there are a lot places to escape too... After 3 police cars start racing it gets kind of crowded and stops being fun.... Plus only I know where the start finish line is so I always win....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Several years ago, on behalf of the non-profit organization I belong to, I walked up to a drive through bank ( it was drive thru only ) to make a deposit and was told that I would need to come back in a car.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I like riding a bike through drive throughs, and seeing if they'll serve me or not. I've tried it at a couple of mickey ds, and been asked to come back in a car, or go inside. The In-N-Out near here doesn't mind me coming through on a bike, but the girl at the counter got sort of annoyed the time I rolled through on my longboard. I still got served, but she asked me to go to the regular counter next time.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
At Tim Horton's on Friday, the drive-thru line extended out of the parking lot and into the street....messing up traffic. Not a single person in line at the counter. I was in and out in under 90 sec. Everyone is stupid but me.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
what he said, something about tiny lanes with walls not fitting 23 foot long trucks trying to make 90* turns.:rant:
+2

My van barely fits through most and my next truck won't for sure.
I've found that this has a positive effect though - because its such a hassle, I tend to avoid fast food now.

The bank is the only other drive-thru I'd use and since its so close to my house, I usually just walk or ride my bike there.

I'm sure with kids in the car, they make life much easier.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I go through drive thrus. I usually go to lunch after the rest of the world goes. I go around 1:30. No line if i go to one of those nasty places. Haven't been doing it lately though.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Waiting at the bank drive through yesterday, chatting up the teller, hear a big bang behind me. Idiot in a minivan with a crappy old mtb on the roof-top carrier totally ran the bike into the canopy. Seeing as it was an old dude, a minivan, and a crappy bike, I laughed my ass off.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Waiting at the bank drive through yesterday, chatting up the teller, hear a big bang behind me. Idiot in a minivan with a crappy old mtb on the roof-top carrier totally ran the bike into the canopy. Seeing as it was an old dude, a minivan, and a crappy bike, I laughed my ass off.
Mini Vans also make crappy race cars. You should have challenged him to a race...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i see that too with DuDo. That's the only drive thru I use, generally pre 8am before a long road trip on the weekends. Need some juice and a sammich, then I'm ready to drive for 9billion hours.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
The muchas gracias drive up is the only one I have used in a while. Anyone else have muchas gracias locally? I had never seen them before moving to Orygun...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i see that too with DuDo. That's the only drive thru I use, generally pre 8am before a long road trip on the weekends. Need some juice and a sammich, then I'm ready to drive for 9billion hours.
That's a lot of driving.

Only drive-thru I ever use is the ATM........bank one of course. No idea what "drive-thru ATM" gets you in some other areas.