Quantcast

Driving across the grass to avoid traffic..

J

JRB

There was construction today that resulted in 4 miles in 45 minutes. All kinds of people drove across the median, only to have to get back on 1 mile later. I thought - if you are that impatient and inconsiderate, you should not only be ticketed, but should have your car impounded to show you true inconvenience. Why do people not recognize there are other people on the planet???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If you find that annoying, then how about when I use bikepaths on my motorcycle to avoid traffic. Good times :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Pffffft.

There's a reason I own a 4x4, and its NOT for muddin' with the good ole' boys on sierday mornin's.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
Pffffft.

There's a reason I own a 4x4, and its NOT for muddin' with the good ole' boys on sierday mornin's.
wait, let me guess. does your reason have something to do with your "2-sack"?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
bitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whinebitch whine bitch whine bitch whine

J

JRB

It's so surprising to see BS and DRB being dicks. :think:

I hope you get 20 flats, shirly.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I was almost forced to hop the grass mediam yesterday because of an accident clean-up operation. Stopped for like 5 mins. Just as my front wheel touched the curb, traffic began to move, so I got back in the lane

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
loco said:
There was construction today that resulted in 4 miles in 45 minutes. All kinds of people drove across the median, only to have to get back on 1 mile later. I thought - if you are that impatient and inconsiderate, you should not only be ticketed, but should have your car impounded to show you true inconvenience. Why do people not recognize there are other people on the planet???
this one time i was stuck in traffic and there was all sorts of people cutting out of line and driving up the shoulder. so i just inched my truck over to cut off their space. ive never seen other drivers so angry before

J

JRB

lovebunny said:
this one time i was stuck in traffic and there was all sorts of people cutting out of line and driving up the shoulder. so i just inched my truck over to cut off their space. ive never seen other drivers so angry before
Good on you. I pulled onto the shoulder to stop a bitch one time in Austin. She was just flying past people on the shoulder. I pulled out and she ran in the grass. She hit something and blew her tire. Right there karma made her pay for impatience. I don't know why people think it's their world. Really. We share.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Loco's solution to people being jerkoffs: Be a bigger jerkoff :D

How exactly does it affect your life if someone drives on the median? If anything it gets them out of your way. Or are you just jealous you didn't think of it?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
leaving Austin on 290, you hit a horrible bottleneck...right in Oak Hill. 3 lanes down to 1. people drive on the shoulder there all the time in order to bypass waiting. good for him. **** the people that let this ****face get back into traffic. when it's backed up, traffic goes about at idle speeds, so it's not like the guy has whip in and cut someone off. someone in traffic has to let him in. why do people do that?

and people who drive through the exit-only lanes and whip over piss me off. a lady did that to me one day when it was raining. only, she didn't cut me off. she remained driving through the exit lane, slowly, no blinker, and onto the shoulder. slowly she tried to start merging, again, no blinker. our side mirrors almost hit. i didn't move, and laid on the horn. she started yelling **** like i was in the wrong. mandi rolled down the window and called her a fatass spic. i got into the middle lane, passed her, cut her off, then slowed to about 10mph.

something similar happened coming back to my apartment one night. and many other times. people in Austin can't drive...nor do they have insurance.

i'm starting to question karma. if it exists, i want to see it right away.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Loco's solution to people being jerkoffs: Be a bigger jerkoff :D

How exactly does it affect your life if someone drives on the median? If anything it gets them out of your way. Or are you just jealous you didn't think of it?
You do realize they put rules in place to keep things even and safe, right??? How does it affect my day??? It doesn't except when they drive a mile down, after breaking the law, and make me wait on them. Do you cut in line at the store??? If you do it in front of me, I'll be more inconvenienced by going to jail for punching your inconsiderate ass in the mouth.

edited inflammatory content

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
You do realize they put rules in place to keep things even and safe, right??? How does it affect my day??? It doesn't except when they drive a mile down, after breaking the law, and make me wait on them. Do you cut in line at the store??? If you do it in front of me, I'll be more inconvenienced by going to jail for punching your inconsiderate ass in the mouth.

This place is full of dickheads. I love how I get bashed for speaking up about someone doing something potentially fatally dangerous, but it's ok for you assholes to make up your own rules. If you are the kind of person that can't wait for your turn to come around, you're an asshole. Your "ultimate" turn should meet you earlier than the rest of us.
Nice guys finish last. Fact of life.

If cutting across the median is the worst thing someone does, Id still consider them a pretty good person. Just because someone has another plan to get around traffic, you want them to die? Who is the a-hole now? You would PUNCH someone for cutting line? WTF is wrong with you?
Get a ****ing grip on yourself.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Nice guys finish last. Fact of life.

If cutting across the median is the worst thing someone does, Id still consider them a pretty good person. Just because someone has another plan to get around traffic, you want them to die? Who is the a-hole now? You would PUNCH someone for cutting line? WTF is wrong with you?
Get a ****ing grip on yourself.
I don't want them to die. I will call you out and embarass the hell out of you for cutting line. If that doesn't help, yeah, I'd punch someone in the mouth for it. Wait your turns.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
I pulled onto the shoulder to stop a bitch one time in Austin. She was just flying past people on the shoulder. I pulled out and she ran in the grass. She hit something and blew her tire. Right there karma made her pay for impatience. I don't know why people think it's their world. Really. We share.
Wait, your solution to someone cutting in line was to run them off the road. Sure, they didn't get hurt, but you escalated the situation to where they might have flipped their car.

Or were you just screwing with us?

Seriously, are you PMSing or something?

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
Wait, your solution to someone cutting in line was to run them off the road. Sure, they didn't get hurt, but you escalated the situation to where they might have flipped their car.

Or were you just screwing with us?

Seriously, are you PMSing or something?
I pulled over. They chose to run off the road.

Not PMSimg. I just don't think the world revolves around some folks like they do.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
I just don't think the world revolves around some folks like they do.
Try coming out to So Cal where not only does the world revolve around them but they're all "actors" and "stars" as well.

Of course with everyone in So Cal being an actor there is no shortage of waiters.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
I pulled over. They chose to run off the road.
you can try to justify it all you want, but you did escalate the situation and you took pleasure from it.

Time to step down off that high horse, yes?

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
you can try to justify it all you want, but you did escalate the situation and you took pleasure from it.

Time to step down off that high horse, yes?
So it's a high horse. This thread isn't about escalating situations. It's about people thinking their life is more important than mine. I'll take the survival of the fittest attitude moving forward. I perplexed by the number of people here that I think are pretty cool, that have presented themselves as selfish, inconsiderate pricks. I didn't take please from it, so to speak. I took pleasure in knowing that what comes around goes around. This was well beyond my name is earl, but those guys are on to something. I wish our country would learn from it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
So it's a high horse. This thread isn't about escalating situations. It's about people thinking their life is more important than mine. I'll take the survival of the fittest attitude moving forward. I perplexed by the number of people here that I think are pretty cool, that have presented themselves as selfish, inconsiderate pricks. I didn't take please from it, so to speak. I took pleasure in knowing that what comes around goes around. This was well beyond my name is earl, but those guys are on to something. I wish our country would learn from it.
"If you ever had a life changing experience from watching Walker Texas Ranger (read My Name is Earl)...you might be a redneck":rofl:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
"If you ever had a life changing experience from watching Walker Texas Ranger (read My Name is Earl)...you might be a redneck":rofl:
Good - there's a chance you can change then. :think:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
LordOpie said:
loco didn't run anyone off the road.

the way i see it, peoples' driving habits tend to mimick their personality. this person was inconsiderate on the road, and as such, i imagine she's the same way in person. probably thinks she is a lot more important than she really is. someone needed to put her in her place, a little reality check.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Loco, I didn't say I cut in front of people at the store, and I didn't say I drive my car on the median. If I saw someone cut in line at the store or drive in the median, I would think "what an ass" and go about my own business.

I wouldn't run them off the road and jeapordize the lives of not only the asshole driver, but his wife/kids/whoever else might be in his car. Talk about inconsiderate? Do his kids have any say in how he drives?

I wouldn't punch someone in the face in a grocery store, because first of all punching someone in the face is illegal, and cutting in line isn't, and second of all you never know who just might be able to kick your ass, and third of all, you make a scene like that, your embarassing yourself IMO.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the Inbred said:
loco didn't run anyone off the road.
actually, he did... he timed it so he'd pull out as she came by requiring her to slam on her brakes or go off the road.

Was what she's doing wrong? Of course, but how can you justify it with another wrong?

It's like saying pirating music isn't wrong. It is. I do it. But I wouldn't dare say it wasn't stealing. It is.

So is passive-aggressive roadrage that Loco exhibited. We've all done it so I'm not judging him, just saying that he was an @sshole for what he did... just as I've been an a-hole plenty of times myself.

Loco was wrong, why is it so hard to see that?

J

JRB

Agreed, Opie. Not necessarily the right thing, but if people don't see their wrong doings, they will never fix them.

Again - yes I cut her path off. If she was negligent enough in her driving to be doing 50 mph down the shoulder, she had no regard for her passengers either.

Echo - punching someone is over the top, and I likely won't do it, but people should be called out for rude behaviour. If they are not, who knows if they even know it's wrong. If some princess cuts in line, I plan to make her feel like the c*nt that she is. That is all I am saying relly.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
...but if people don't see their wrong doings, they will never fix them.
I agree completely brother, but people won't change and you'll only give yourself an ulcer by trying to change them.

This is something I'm working on for me... still caring, but not getting upset over such things. It's a difficult balance.

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
I ran into traffic coming up Interstate 5 last year. Traffic went from 90-0 in less than 1/4 mile and we were at a stand still for 25min. I found an AM station that said a fuel truck flipped and landed on a car igniting the northbound lanes (which I was on). I ended up rallying across the median and getting up to speed before merging back into southbound traffic. As it turns out, traffic was stopped for almost 4 hours. even back tracking and going up hwy 101 only cost me 1.5 adtl hours.
What would you have done in that situation loco? Sat and waited or rallied the median?

I would hope that someone would intelligently have traffic exit the highway. I understand circumstances, but when it's known traffic and people are just impatient, f*ck them. I understand the difference between hour long delays and a matter of minutes. If people can't wait a few minutes, they need to go ahead and have their heart attacks and die.

J

JRB

Slugman said:
Wasn’t there an announcement a little while ago about threads like this...
I don't see a problem with pointing out something that bothers us. I don't see how this falls into the category. If it does, they can delete it. I don't care.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The problem isn't that this thread was created. The problem becomes when people can't respectfully disagree without turning it into a 9 page bitchfest. Fortunately it generally always seems to be the same people participating in said bitchfests, so it shouldn't be hard to weed them out.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I've driven over the median to get OUT of a traffic jam, there's really nothing wrong with it if you don't get caught. :cool:

now, cutting the line (in any fashion) is just wrong, and the person deserves to be kicked in the head. driving over the median just to get a little ahead and have to merge anyway does nothing but make it longer for everybody involved. karma will get you in the end though...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
loco said:
I don't see a problem with pointing out something that bothers us. I don't see how this falls into the category. If it does, they can delete it. I don't care.
I was talking about some of the reply post... not the topic.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Echo said:
The problem isn't that this thread was created. The problem becomes when people can't respectfully disagree without turning it into a 9 page bitchfest. Fortunately it generally always seems to be the same people participating in said bitchfests, so it should be hard to weed them out.
Exactly.

Or they start throwing around insults... :rolleyes:

Echo said:
Loco's solution to people being jerkoffs: Be a bigger jerkoff

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've driven over the median to get out of traffic and take an alternate route. Taint nothing wrong with that IMO.

People who cut in, however, are just rassholes. Roads are not designed with the rasshole factor in mind, and they just make traffic worse. They apparently feel they don't deserve the traffic as much as everyone else. Drives people to kill, doesn't it? Not me. I'm as cool as a cucumber on the roads. Unless you piss me off.

J

JRB

I did try to edit my flaming from the thread. I hope we learned that we shouldn't do it. If not, well, we knew the rules after RM warned us.

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
As for exiting the freeway, it's 15+ miles between exits on the central valley part of I-5. I was nowhere near one.
That's not a situation that I experience here. It's not so much the law part as the "I'm better than you" part. I'm not pointing this at you. It's a generalization about people on the roads here.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
When I drive to work there are at least three spots where people cruise up the shoulder or up a turning lane, only to try to sneak into the front of a line of people waiting patiently. I also have no idea why people let them into the line. An already slow line gets even slower because people that should be behind me are now in front of me. You can blame bad city planning but if you don't live in a congested city you don't understand how infuriating it can be. You try to do the right thing and end up waiting even longer and feeling like a stupid pushover. Or you sink to their level and end up doing the same thing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
When I drive to work there are at least three spots where people cruise up the shoulder or up a turning lane, only to try to sneak into the front of a line of people waiting patiently. I also have no idea why people let them into the line. An already slow line gets even slower because people that should be behind me are now in front of me. You can blame bad city planning but if you don't live in a congested city you don't understand how infuriating it can be. You try to do the right thing and end up waiting even longer and feeling like a stupid pushover. Or you sink to their level and end up doing the same thing.
Where in the city do you live? We were there for a night last week and I was wondering what part you were in..........