Quantcast

:drool: (yes, 29er content)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No idea. I just think it's a hot looking bike!! Love the camo paint! Wonder if that's just for the proto or if it will be available to the public?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Think the Camo is just for Intense prototypes.

MBAction loved the thing - but you know hoow that goes. Has a really steep HT angle - like 73 degrees or something like that.

Perhaps a 29er EVP 5.5 is in the future for Intense.

Scuttlebutt has it that Astrix Sports will have a couple of longer travel 29er FS frames in late 2007/or 2008 or so. :cool:

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
here's what a good camo job looks like...on a good FS29er design:
At least Intense's proto paint is a purposely cheap-looking rattle-can job. I'd hate to think someone spent as much time and money on that awful orange camo paint as I know they did.

Intense paints all their protos with various rattle can camo paint jobs. It's a cheap and effective way of tracking who gets the spy photos and of what version of the proto it is. Rattle-can camo is not a retail color, so you'll have to do it yourself if you really like it...

The Spider 29er, however, is sweet. Too light for me, though. Bring on the 29er 5.5... will look great in the living room next to this...

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
At the risk of sounding pre-Cambrian, I can say that many of the early eighties mountain bikes were done in different camo paint schemes. So in that sense the previously made comment can be seen as being correct. :biggrin:

As for the Intense Spider 29"er, the main reason that the head tube angle seems so extreme is because suspension fork crown offsets for 29"er forks are borrowed, ( or more correctly, cheaper to make) from 26"er forks. The offset arrived at for 26"ers is not enough for a 29"er to have a trail figure that will translate into a quick handling bike, ( or in other words- Intense wanted this 29"er to mimic the handling traits of their 26"er)

The "Focke-Wulfe" camo on the example shown is rather cool, I think. :biggrin:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yup that sucks. Anyone remember the old Mountain Goat paint jobs?
I remember one frame being speckled day-glo type sh!t.

But that was a long time ago.

Someone needs to do trucker girl camo paint on a car...

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Yup that sucks. Anyone remember the old Mountain Goat paint jobs?

Mountain Goat has been revived and the original painter for the company has been contracted to do the custom jobs. Any old Goat paint job you can imagine is available again. The Route 29 is the 29"er model.