Quantcast

dropkick murphys- the warriors code

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i know im a bit late getting it, but this is a great cd. irish punk is where its at. classic dkm style (bagpipes, chanting and such), with a few new twists. this is the first cd i actually bought in a while, and im glad i did. definately a cd to rock out to. 4.5/5 stars

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
W3rd. I think ill pick it up to. Is it like Flogging Molly good or Minor Threat on Guiness good?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Damn True said:
But not better than the Pogues
:stupid:
That's because there is only one Shane McGowan.

And I like Flogging Molly waaaaay better then DKM... more IRISH, less PUNK. But that's just me... your milage may vary.

kinghami3 said:
Yeah, Flogging Molly is ok, but Dropkick Murphys are a solid band.
Go see 'em live. Solid and tight.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Damn True said:
But not better than the Pogues
:stupid: :thumb: nothing ever will be.

will have to get this DKMs album, as soon as my pay comes through.
i wasnt even aware the releaseda new one., cant wait to hear it, they havnt let me down yet.

i too like flogging molly but there last album wasnt so great, just didnt have the same effect or longevity(sp?) of there other stuff.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
eh "Warrior's Code" is ok but definately no "Gangs All Here" or "Sing oud, Sing Proud". The tracks from "Warrior's Code" did come off better and more personal live. The "Live: St. Patrick's Day" CD is a good choice if you are unable to see them live and in the flesh. Warped Tour does them no justice live. If you want to experience them live go to Boston for a St. Patty's show!

-ska todd

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
ska todd said:
The "Live: St. Patrick's Day" CD is a good choice if you are unable to see them live and in the flesh.-ska todd
Damn straight. I bought this CD when I was living in ND, and needed a fix. I put it in my CD player in my truck, and it didn't come out for 5 months. However, Warrior's Code is pretty damn good too. I have never been let down by these guys.

This was my dog, Murphy. Can you possibly guess where I got the name from?