Quantcast

DRS Setup (Diabolus/VP Free) question

Jono

Chimp
Apr 1, 2002
Welly, Nooziland
So having had one of the more frustrating evenings with my bike, I thought that it might be a good point to ask the question:

Anyone set up a DRS on a VP-free (no ISCG tabs) with Diabolus cranks? And if so, any suggestions on spacing the BB or chainguide?

My first problem was assuming that it would be a 127mm spindle - put 4 plastic plates on, and the granny chainring grinds into the plate. So I've taken it back to one plate, but now the chain rubs on the (metal) backing plate

Should there be one of the BB spacers between the backing plate and the BB flange? (this would move the chainring away from the backing plate, but I think it would also "over space" the crank.

Suggestions gratefully accepted!

Jono

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
So having had one of the more frustrating evenings with my bike, I thought that it might be a good point to ask the question:

Anyone set up a DRS on a VP-free (no ISCG tabs) with Diabolus cranks? And if so, any suggestions on spacing the BB or chainguide?

My first problem was assuming that it would be a 127mm spindle - put 4 plastic plates on, and the granny chainring grinds into the plate. So I've taken it back to one plate, but now the chain rubs on the (metal) backing plate

Should there be one of the BB spacers between the backing plate and the BB flange? (this would move the chainring away from the backing plate, but I think it would also "over space" the crank.

Suggestions gratefully accepted!

Jono
hey man ,
shoot me an e.mail at support@e13components.com or derekj@e13components.com and we can go over the set up.
the VP frame has changed significantly between '06 and '07..
including the switch to I-05 tabs and now the 83mm shell so we're going to need to know what year the frame is and if you are using the isis or external cranks(and of so which chainline configuration, 50 or 57.5mm).

Cheers,
derek