Quantcast

drug testing

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
They're pretty effective. You might be lucky, maybe they won't test for pot (I'm assuming that would be the problem). You never know, I have known people who have passed drugs tests a few days after hitting the bong. Not all places test for weed, they look for the hardcore drugs...

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Information for Saliva Tests

*Are a little more expensive than urine testing, but less than hair or blood. (~$15-$75).

*Are considered a relatively unintrusive method of drug testing.

*Are becoming more common.

*Are easy to administer but require lab processing to ensure accuracy.

*Detect use primarily within the past few days.

*Can detect more recent use than other testing methods.

*Have no nationally accepted standards or cutoff concentrations for detection, making results greatly dependent on the specific product purchased. This could also make results less-reliable and/or acceptable for legal cases.

*More reliable for detection of Methamphetamine and Opiates, less reliable for THC or Cannabinoids (2004).

DETECTION PERIODS

Note:The ranges depend on amount and frequency of use, metabolic rate, body mass, age, overall health, drug tolerance, and urine pH

SUBSTANCE SALIVA TEST

Alcohol unknown
Amphetamine 3 days
Cannabis (single use) 14 hrs
Cannabis (habitual use) 14 hrs
Cocaine 1 day
Codeine/Morphine 7-21 hrs
PCP 3 days
Methamphetamine unknown

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not sure about swabs, but I know people who have pissed hot after 60 days. Depends on your body though.

Bet on being screwed, that way there's little shock if you pop.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
lovebunny said:
anything i can do? i was hitting the crack pipe pretty hard there yesterday. but seriously if i havent smoked in like 2 weeks and i only usually smoke like once a month am i screwed?
if you only smoke once a month and havent in two weeks your good

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ive pissed clean with a drink 4days after smoking,, and i was burnin like 4x/week. saliva,, couldnt tell you.. 2 weeks is usually enough to get clean.. lots of water.. and get some riding in to help metabolize any traces left..

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Shyrmp said:
SUBSTANCE SALIVA TEST

Alcohol unknown
Amphetamine 3 days
Cannabis (single use) 14 hrs
Cannabis (habitual use) 14 hrs
Cocaine 1 day
Codeine/Morphine 7-21 hrs
PCP 3 days
Methamphetamine unknown
Interesting. Looks like saliva tests are only good for weeding out the real addicts who can't go more than a day or so without their substance of choice.

14 hours? 7-21 hours? Almost seems not worth testing at all. Only the hardiest drug addicts can't go 24 hours... :think:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
lovebunny said:
heather you are cool
I know :D :p

Just hope they don't do a urine test ;)

SUBSTANCE URINE TEST

Alcohol 6-24 hrs
Amphetamine 1-4 days
Cannabis (single use) 2-3 days
Cannabis (habitual use) up to 12 wks
Cocaine 4-5 days
Codeine/Morphine 2-4 days
PCP 3-7 days
Methamphetamine 3-5 days

Or even worse...a hair test :o

SUBSTANCE HAIR TEST

Alcohol n/a
Amphetamine up to 90 days
Cannabis (single use) up to 90 days
Cannabis (habitual use) up to 90 days
Cocaine up to 90 days
Codeine/Morphine up to 90 days
PCP up to 90 days
Methamphetamine up to 90 days

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
binary visions said:
Interesting. Looks like saliva tests are only good for weeding out the real addicts who can't go more than a day or so without their substance of choice.
That is what they are mostly used for and also because they are fairly inexpensive.

Edit: Saliva tests are more commonly used by insurance companies or law enforcement agencies, rather then employers.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I know someone that went into the navy and had to take a urine test within 2 weeks of smoking. He told his recruiter that he wasn't going to pass and the recruiter said to go to the pharmacy and buy a bottle of cranberry pills. He said that if he ate the whole bottle within 12 hours of the test he would pass and whaddya know it worked. I don't know the details of exactly what dosage it was or anything so don't rely on this.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Go to you local head shop, and there a pills(don't remember what they are called, but I have a big supply of them) and before you get tested, you take one like every 10 minutes for 2 hours, and it *hides* the substances in your system. If you need a hookup, talk to me on AIM, I could sell you some.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Where are you trying to get a job at? Surely there are other places to work that don't test? Maybe get a job as a drug dealer? :D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
what if you shave your head? do they take your pubs for the hair test?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
pnj said:
what if you shave your head? do they take your pubs for the hair test?
I guess you'll have to shave your head AND your junk.

oh crap did I just say that? This thread is going to be deleted now!

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
Shyrmp said:
I know :D :p

Just hope they don't do a urine test ;)

SUBSTANCE URINE TEST

Alcohol 6-24 hrs
Amphetamine 1-4 days
Cannabis (single use) 2-3 days
Cannabis (habitual use) up to 12 wks
Cocaine 4-5 days
Codeine/Morphine 2-4 days
PCP 3-7 days
Methamphetamine 3-5 days

Or even worse...a hair test :o

SUBSTANCE HAIR TEST

Alcohol n/a
Amphetamine up to 90 days
Cannabis (single use) up to 90 days
Cannabis (habitual use) up to 90 days
Cocaine up to 90 days
Codeine/Morphine up to 90 days
PCP up to 90 days
Methamphetamine up to 90 days

where did you find this?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
ok now im screwed i think. they jsut called and told me there switching it from a saliva test to a urine test. if i drink so much water the day of that it doenst have anything in it will they fail me or give me another test on another day?its for vons btw,

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
lovebunny said:
ok now im screwed i think. they jsut called and told me there switching it from a saliva test to a urine test. if i drink so much water the day of that it doenst have anything in it will they fail me or give me another test on another day?its for vons btw,

Not feeling at all sorry for you.

You know better than to smoke dope.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
lovebunny said:
Just drink LOTS of water. Never not let yourself drink water and you'll be fine. And if you fail, find another job. It's not like its for probation or anything.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Drinking lots of water will help. However, some places will not accept your urine sample if it is too diluted, so there's a chance they may tell you to come back again later. But drink a lot of water between now and when you test, it'll help flush your system.

Cranberry juice, coffee, there's a million things people tell you. Forget it, just drink the water. They're all just diuretics (spelling?) that make you urinate more and if you drink sufficient water, you'll have to go anyway.

Now, if what you said is true - that you do it once a month, and you haven't done it in two weeks - well, you're young with probably a pretty good metabolism, there's a good chance you'll be fine. But there's no guarantees, and there is nothing that you can do to get a guarantee. You made the choice to smoke, and this is now a potential consequence. Best thing to do is to face it like a man - if you fail, well, you fail and you're going to have to live with it.

If there was even the remotest possibility that you were even looking for a job, you have to lay off it - there are just too many places that drug test now.

Anyway, good luck. Hope you pass. Lots of water, and remember, the results are confidential.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
lovebunny said:
yeah bud my mom will find out and that will end my life until im 18
How do you figure? They don't say why you don't get hired, you usually get the "the paperwork didn't go through" answer. Relax. Besides, cocaine is waaaaaay more fun than weed.

:sneaky:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
amateur said:
How do you figure? They don't say why you don't get hired, you usually get the "the paperwork didn't go through" answer. Relax. Besides, cocaine is waaaaaay more fun than weed.

:sneaky:
Yea, how the hell would his mom find out?