Quantcast

Dry Socket

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Had only one infected wisdom tooth taken out yesterday just w/ nitrous and novacane. It was really easy and the nitrous was so awesome. I asked if I could take it home.

Anyways. It's healing up nicely and i was careful to use all the gauze until bleeding stopped. I'm just worried about developing dry socket.

My question is, how easy is it for the blood clot to fall out?
I'm following the doc orders but im still very paranoid it's going to **** up.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Just follow the doctors intructions and you should be fine. I had all four pulled and had no complications

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Do everything the doctor tells you, you'll be fine. Don't use straws, or suck anything (including but not limited to penises and clitorises, I don't judge), Avoid anything small that could get stuck, and it's good excuse to eat my favorite food, mashed potatoes.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have only had 11 teeth pulled. None of them went dry socket on me.

Keep rinsing w/ warm salt water (GENTLY) and don't eat food that would be hard to rinse away. (no caramel apples for awhile, ok?)

No sucking. You must consciously not suck. NO SMOKING WHATSOVER, that's just asking for it.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Do everything the doctor tells you, you'll be fine. Don't use straws, or suck anything (including but not limited to penises and clitorises, I don't judge), Avoid anything small that could get stuck, and it's good excuse to eat my favorite food, mashed potatoes.
Thanks... I've just heard the horror stories of dry socket and wanted to figure out how common it is.

After getting out of surgery I check my phone to find a frantic message from my friend. DO NOT SUCK DICK AFTER SURGERY!!! YOU'LL GET DRY SOCKET.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Thanks... I've just heard the horror stories of dry socket and wanted to figure out how common it is.

After getting out of surgery I check my phone to find a frantic message from my friend. DO NOT SUCK DICK AFTER SURGERY!!! YOU'LL GET DRY SOCKET.
did you follow his/her advice?