Quantcast

drying out weds gfmt

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
not sure....near lee vinning...
Ok I was thinking 120 by Fallon NV You are at Mono Lake, near the south Tufa Towers (pink floyd album wish you were here cover. Saturday and Sunday I will be just an hour or so north of there near the junction of Hwy 88 and 89 west of hwy 395 you are at 120 and 395. I'll pack an extra fly fishing set up just in case you show up

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The difficulty getting bike racks right now is... frustrating. I have 4 racks: 2 Thule and 2 Rockymounts. The Thule and Yakima cannot be converted to aerobar/T-Track, so I'm probably just going to sell them off. The Rockymounts are able to be converted to work on aerobars (not T-Track) for ~$72 each. But... the two necessary parts are not currently available from Rockymounts - I am effectively forced to buy new racks. I have lock cores for my Rockymounts, so I could transfer them over. But alas, I cannot...

If I'm buying something new, I want to get something that's compatible with Yakima T-Track cross-bars, as that will allow me more flexibility when mounting 2 bike racks and the box on the car. But... Yakima's only one that can do that, needs an adapter and special axle (both accessories), which makes it over $290 each. And from what I can tell, the tray's are pretty short. At least I have lock cores.

/rant #firstworldproblems

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The difficulty getting bike racks right now is... frustrating. I have 4 racks: 2 Thule and 2 Rockymounts. The Thule and Yakima cannot be converted to aerobar/T-Track, so I'm probably just going to sell them off. The Rockymounts are able to be converted to work on aerobars (not T-Track) for ~$72 each. But... the two necessary parts are not currently available from Rockymounts - I am effectively forced to buy new racks. I have lock cores for my Rockymounts, so I could transfer them over. But alas, I cannot...

If I'm buying something new, I want to get something that's compatible with Yakima T-Track cross-bars, as that will allow me more flexibility when mounting 2 bike racks and the box on the car. But... Yakima's only one that can do that, needs an adapter and special axle (both accessories), which makes it over $290 each. And from what I can tell, the tray's are pretty short. At least I have lock cores.

/rant #firstworldproblems
meh. we got my 2 yakima racks (older version of the current highroad) and a large yakima box (skybox 16) on the highlander for our current trip. sucks to load bikes, but it got us here...pix tomorrow....def need to install a hitch on the highlander and the accord hybrid and get a oneup 2 bike to swap though. i'm to old for the acrobatic shenanigans...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
meh. we got my 2 yakima racks (older version of the current highroad) and a large yakima box (skybox 16) on the highlander for our current trip. sucks to load bikes, but it got us here...pix tomorrow....def need to install a hitch on the highlander and the accord hybrid and get a oneup 2 bike to swap though. i'm to old for the acrobatic shenanigans...
My issue is I need to name able to carry 3-4 bikes. The hitch covers 2, so 2 up top. But I have a Skybox 24, which is a beast, and takes up most of your rack space.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My issue is I need to name able to carry 3-4 bikes. The hitch covers 2, so 2 up top. But I have a Skybox 24, which is a beast, and takes up most of your rack space.
4 bike hitch rack. Done and done.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yeah, at that point i'm gonna go with some sort of northshore type hitch rack...there are a bunch out there now. and i can't even find anything like a skybox 24...ours is already ginormous.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yeah, at that point i'm gonna go with some sort of northshore type hitch rack...there are a bunch out there now. and i can't even find anything like a skybox 24...ours is already ginormous.
Correction. I just looked up the REI order. It's an 18.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Can you get this sort of thing in the US? They are getting really popular here are are really quick and easy to load and very space efficient: