Quantcast

DSO kept me awake all night now it's Saturday

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good point. There's going to be a bit more beyond the drunk conversation, so weekend is the only time to have it, as I can send the girls off to play across the street. *So* looking forward to today.

And to add insult to injury, I still can't find a way to get the kart to the track tomorrow as my trailer wiring hasn't shown up yet and she refuses to let us use the Pilot to transport it.
just remember - jesus could turn water into wine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kids didn't sleep well and were cantankerous this morning, so decided to push the amusement park to tomorrow. wife told me to go ride dh, so i gladly obliged. hit the big jump line a couple times. feels like its start to come back. weather was great. was gonna take one more run, but as i rolled up to the it shut off and i could hear the lifty on the radio saying they couldn't get it restarted, figured that was a sign to call it.

grilling burgers, then put up some Halloween stuff, then hot tub.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode with the wifey, 51 miles, 6686ft of verticals, 95%+ of that was single track (of the kitty litter variety).
2048x1152.jpg

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, conversation went a lot better than expected. Somewhat of a plan in place for how to mind things and keep consumption under control. Even extended into the girls, their activities, and her lack of participation. Hopefully being more integrated into the girls will also help...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well, conversation went a lot better than expected. Somewhat of a plan in place for how to mind things and keep consumption under control. Even extended into the girls, their activities, and her lack of participation. Hopefully being more integrated into the girls will also help...
Was about to text and see if you needed to borrow our fold out :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kids didn't sleep well and were cantankerous this morning, so decided to push the amusement park to tomorrow. wife told me to go ride dh, so i gladly obliged. hit the big jump line a couple times. feels like its start to come back. weather was great. was gonna take one more run, but as i rolled up to the it shut off and i could hear the lifty on the radio saying they couldn't get it restarted, figured that was a sign to call it.

grilling burgers, then put up some Halloween stuff, then hot tub.
this is the squirrel catcher for the big jump line

FB_IMG_1666478757392.jpg

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Replaced a faucet, took a nap, and currently sous-vide-ing some giant ribeyes.

My wife is currently looking at houses that are *not* in California, which makes me extremely aroused….

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to giant food hall place. wifey got indian, kids got burgers. i got grilled cheeze w/jalapeno bacon and a burger thrown in. so good.

likely a quick ride tomorrow but mountains monday might also be a thing...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
What area?
She went down this upper Midwest rabbit hole because of some article she read. Doesn’t even matter, though! It got the conversation re-started, and she definitely sounds more open to leaving the valley - somewhere that actually has 4 seasons, and isn’t 110 all summer long. Air you can breath would be nice, too.

Surely I’m going to wind up with a case of blue balls, though. :disgust:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I can almost pedal in a circle. I can't quite get over the top, my knee doesn't have quite enough range, but I have a little over 90°, like 100-110 and it's close, probably be able to ride a bike in a week.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Much success in the furniture department. Old couch is getting rehabbed. I traded the work for Bike work. New stuff is poorly built, smells funny and cost too much. Fake Stickley coffee table and a piece of glass $90 from craigslist, delivered. Furniture guy offered me $2000 for my Persian Rug. It was made in Iran.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
She went down this upper Midwest rabbit hole because of some article she read. Doesn’t even matter, though! It got the conversation re-started, and she definitely sounds more open to leaving the valley - somewhere that actually has 4 seasons, and isn’t 110 all summer long. Air you can breath would be nice, too.

If all else fails, Ventura County, we get three seasons which is all you really need anyway, fuck winter, it’s stupid.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

You almost had CO until you said not 100* summers... But it's a dry heat!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Earlier I had a buddy text me asking how tight 5nM was, for tightening a seat post bolt. Snug so it's not spinning with the wrench, then a hand strength ugga ugga.

Not sure why it's so funny, but his wife texted me a bit ago asking wtf I told him that had him spit his beer through his nose. He's been randomly laugh-crying and coughing up beer for the last hour. I never knew I needed to do stand-up, but apparently that's my calling.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I go from vaguely normal some days to effed the next. Still got the crushing anxiety giving me chest pains :/
I had those periodic "oh god I'm out of breath from a piece of gum" moments for about 9-12 months.

I live with a fellow nihlist so probably not the best advice but I just went through it with the mindset of if I die here on this rock with a bike next to me, it's better than work. Although I'd prefer to have my boss drag my shit filled pants self out to the dumpster because fucke'm.

Hang in there man. If my experience is any value at all, your body will power through it. It's more complex than a minor dna fuckery from a virus. Especially yours.

And whiskey helps anxiety ;)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Earlier I had a buddy text me asking how tight 5nM was, for tightening a seat post bolt. Snug so it's not spinning with the wrench, then a hand strength ugga ugga.

Not sure why it's so funny, but his wife texted me a bit ago asking wtf I told him that had him spit his beer through his nose. He's been randomly laugh-crying and coughing up beer for the last hour. I never knew I needed to do stand-up, but apparently that's my calling.