Quantcast

DSO kept me awake all night now it's Saturday

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's Sunday but meh, vacuumed, pressure cleaned, rode bike slowly and now I'm watching Archer instead of catching up on work stuff.
554023147526087602.jpg

Oh and not noticing Caps Lock was on has locked me out of my internet banking, hahaha!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
…now I'm watching Archer
I love Archer. Inwish there was a way you could forget great TV shows, movies, books, so you could enjoy them for the firet time again. So little ‘great’ media now it seems.

I need one of those washer heads. I do my ///decks with the standard nozzle and it takes for ages.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
If all else fails, Ventura County, we get three seasons which is all you really need anyway, fuck winter, it’s stupid.
I don't have anything against California aside from high gas prices, it's the valley I'm tired of. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of California-specific things to gripe about, but every state is going to have its unique flavor of BS. But, if we're going to pull up anchor, we're going somewhere far away from here. I'm adopting @SkaredShtles 1500 mile family buffer policy.

You almost had CO until you said not 100* summers... But it's a dry heat!
We hit 114 this summer, and had 64 days of 100+. We were still in the nineties just a few days ago. I know the Valley isn't unique with rising temperatures, and this was a particularly hot summer, but damn.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't have anything against California aside from high gas prices, it's the valley I'm tired of. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of California-specific things to gripe about, but every state is going to have its unique flavor of BS. But, if we're going to pull up anchor, we're going somewhere far away from here. I'm adopting @SkaredShtles 1500 mile family buffer policy.

We hit 114 this summer, and had 64 days of 100+. We were still in the nineties just a few days ago. I know the Valley isn't unique with rising temperatures, and this was a particularly hot summer, but damn.
That's way worse.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

you can ride year round in nc, and avoid the worst of the month or two of hot if you live in the mtns....but i heard we're full :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Sounds like Texas!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My parents live in Texas, so that places it at the absolute bottom of the list.
I was there for the 100 or whatever days of 100+ degrees this summer (not for all 100 days, but stuck there with COVID).

I warned my parents about the heat when they moved to Apache Jct. They eventually moved to San Antonio area because the heat in Phoenix was too much...but they were all about seeking freedoms and not paying tax and all that, but same exact thing in SA, so oppressive you can't do anything outside. Eventually moved back to AZ a few years ago, but up in Payson, above 5,000 and then terrain around them rises up above 8,000 and it's way cooler than PHX, gets monsoon showers in the summer, you can go higher where it's even cooler, doesn't snow much, etc. Pretty good spot, like Prescott, but a little slower and much smaller.

But the idea of chasing all this crap that doesn't matter as much as QOL is insane.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Single stream is a joke. It’s easier for the individual, but the end result is much less usable.I’m reminded of this when I hear the glass being crushed in the back of the recycling (garbage) truck each week.
At the dump in RI, we see the stuff we've carefully parsed out into containers then different dumpsters being poured in with everything else, and their reasoning when asked is "we just have to pick through it anyway."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Single stream is a joke. It’s easier for the individual, but the end result is much less usable.I’m reminded of this when I hear the glass being crushed in the back of the recycling (garbage) truck each week.
Like @Changleen 's 'zero carbon beer' Recycling is just a scam to help people feel better about rampant consumerism.