Quantcast

DT swiss (and other) wheelbags

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Kenda makes a good one for a lot cheaper.

Ive been waiting on the triple DT Swiss for a long time. I called DT Swiss and they said it will fit a 29" rim so it should fit a 26" with tire.

I posted a thread about this about a month or so ago.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23860

Anyone know whether that will comfortably fit 2 wheels mounted up with cassettes & rotors and DH tyres in them? Or is it exclusively for road/XC use?

If not, got any recommendations?
The DT single wheel ones fit a DH wheel with tire, cassette and rotor. Assuming this has the same diameter I would say it fits. I would be careful with the rotor as it is not really protected against bending.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I've used the three wheel bag before to fly w/ an extra dh wheelset. I think I got mine w/ a set of EX1750s. I don't think I had to take off my tires. They might not fit 2.7's and you might have to take the air out. I'd take off the rotors though for sure. The bag just might as well be marked "throw me" or "stack bags on me".

-ska todd

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i use the dt swiss bag loads, it can fit dh wheels, but its a bit tight. if you take off the rotors then you free up a bit more space but i never bother taking them off. you can fit them in with tires on, but need to deflate them, its a bit tight, but alright.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I've used the three wheel bag before to fly w/ an extra dh wheelset. I think I got mine w/ a set of EX1750s. I don't think I had to take off my tires. They might not fit 2.7's and you might have to take the air out. I'd take off the rotors though for sure. The bag just might as well be marked "throw me" or "stack bags on me".

-ska todd
Understood, but if I arrange them with rotors inwards and a spare tyre in the middle slot then it should be pretty good. I don't plan to fly with these (though it is an idea actually, hadn't occurred to me) - it's just to stop them rattlign around int he back of my van getting caught on everythign else that's in the back of there!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Kenda makes a good one for a lot cheaper.

Ive been waiting on the triple DT Swiss for a long time. I called DT Swiss and they said it will fit a 29" rim so it should fit a 26" with tire.

I posted a thread about this about a month or so ago.
You did, I even posted on it, but no-one ever came back with a definitive "yes it fits" or "no it doesn't" so I thought I'd try again!

i use the dt swiss bag loads, it can fit dh wheels, but its a bit tight. if you take off the rotors then you free up a bit more space but i never bother taking them off. you can fit them in with tires on, but need to deflate them, its a bit tight, but alright.
Hmm... I'm not interested if I have to deflate the tyres. FWIW I pretty much only use the smaller tyre sizes, 2.35 highrollers, 2.2" mud 3s, that sort of thing. If they can't fit a 2.7 or a comp32 I imagine I can live with that!

Anyone got a link to these Kenda/XTR ones? Only interested if they're 2/3 wheel ones, don't want to buy loads of single-wheel ones!

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If you find someone that has the bag let me know. I want one too!! Ive been looking and waiting for awhile.