Quantcast

DT Swiss Hayes Hub

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country

I'm selling this wheel on ebay. Someone asked if it has sealed bearings and I can't check because I won't be home for like 4 days. Does anyone know? Is this the same thing as a Hugi?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They weren't so bad. If you called Hayes back in the day. They would send you whatever you wanted. Usually with very little info on your part.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hayes was worlds better than Hope in that regard. Shimano didn't really have a good product yet, nor did SRAM. The Purple Hayes was a great brake for its time, shame about the Mag 9 nearly killing them...(although lord knows lots of them were sold! )

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hayes was worlds better than Hope in that regard. Shimano didn't really have a good product yet, nor did SRAM. The Purple Hayes was a great brake for its time, shame about the Mag 9 nearly killing them...(although lord knows lots of them were sold! )
Never liked Hayes brakes, the modulation of a stick in the front spokes.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I still have my purple Hayes from the 2001 Stab Primo. Maybe one day they will see action again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Shimano 10 speed needs a spacer. Should come with any new cassette. Sram should just bolt on.
Thanks. Hoping to acquire some new brakes and the rest of the shifty bits next. That would make everything on the bike new except for the wheels and saddle. Haven't had that much new shit on the same frame since...