Quantcast

DT swiss or Pushed Fox

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
Allrite
I've an intense uzzi SL to fill the gap between bmx and DH. Most of its usage is enduro and milder FR/DH
The current shock ( Vanilla RC) feels a bit dead though. I want to keep the costs under control so it comes down to 3 options
- brand new DT 225 (demo model)
- 2001 fox Float RC that needs reconditioning and I'd have 'Pushed'.
- recondition the current Vanilla RC, maybe Push it.

The 3 options cost about equally much, Pushing the current RC is a bit cheaper though.

the air shock options are there for weight reasons
Advantage of the reconditioning is that it may be a bit cheaper, buying an air shock leaves me with a spare shock.
Does anyone have first hand experience with the DT or with Push (on Float and Vanilla)?

Any comments?
Any other ideas?

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
Bought the bike off a friend, who's a bit bigger than i am.
It was custom shimmed to his liking
for me it's way too supple in the beginning stroke (so I get a bit too mucht pedal bob)
It also feels squishy as if the seals are rubbing.
Finally the rebound dial doens't always click in properly. Hard to explain but it sometimes spins freely without affecting anything. When this happens it takes 5 seconds for the shock to rebound after a compression......In other words: it's not bad as a spare and for an occasional ride, but in its current shape it can't be used for enduro rides twice a week.

I want to keep the costs under control as i just bought a DH bike as well....When shopping around for service it turns out that these are pretty expensive (think 100€), None of my options cost more than 200€ -the limit I imposed- making it realistic to do a real upgrade. Specially seeing the weight savings (at least half a pound). But a brand sparking 5th element Air is not in the list....

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I have the DT Swiss, the first 1/3-2/3rds of the stroke are pretty plush, and then it gets much more progressive. It's really light (Lighter than anything else you have listed), but I remember reading in a mag review once that it uses plastic eyelets that can't be used on some frames, you may want to check that out. No real horrible weaknesses, if your suspension design is good enough, the fact that it has no pedal platform valving won't bother you.