Quantcast

dual 24" or dual 26" for street specific?

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
I love the feel of 24" on street, makes the bike more "bmx-ish", to me it feels like the handling is sharper and you can throw the bike around a bit more. So I'd say 24"... but that's only my worthless opinion.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
24's are awesome for street. Less directional mass, easy to throw around, and are overall stronger. You may find it a bit tougher to find tires, but as far as street, Maxxis, Kenda, and Arrow all make sweet semi or completely slick 24" tires.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Personally I prefer my 26"s, but I switch tires for trail rides often. I do like the 26"s for bombing stairsets and over rougher approaches, feels more in "control" to me, but thats personal preference. Lots of cobblestones in Boston.

dw

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by dw
Personally I prefer my 26"s, but I switch tires for trail rides often. I do like the 26"s for bombing stairsets and over rougher approaches, feels more in "control" to me, but thats personal preference. Lots of cobblestones in Boston.

dw
pff...what do you know

urban_rider

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
a-dale
see wat u have the cash for but i think you will enjoy the 24"
im running them on my le toy and there easy to throw around for street and fit tranny's better in the park. but they are more harsh on stairs like dw said

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
Thanks guys...still don't know what I'm gonna do, see how much $$$$ I have after I buy my tickets to Cali to visit my lady!
JetBlue - $200 round trip for me to see my wife in RI from SoCal. Flew from Long Beach to Logan...