Quantcast

Dual crown fork for a 08 7 point?

brokeONE

Monkey
Feb 2, 2002
asheville,NC
I'm looking to get a dual crown fork for my 08 7 point. I was just wanting to find out witch fork would least jack up the front end and perform best for dh racing on this frame.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Check axle to crown measurements on the various forks. I don't think you'll see a bug difference in the dual crowns compared to a Big single crown like a Totem. I had a Boxxer team on my 7pount for a couple seasons and was ok with it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Any modern DH fork will work out just fine, have fun!
Depends what you mean modern ;) Travis and 888 are still higher than most single crowns by over 1cm. But I won't argue with you on the topic on your bike ;) Simply the geo differance may be bigger in some cases. Boxxer or some forks in 170/180mm travel setting may be the best choices.

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
Depends what you mean modern ;) Travis and 888 are still higher than most single crowns by over 1cm. But I won't argue with you on the topic on your bike ;) Simply the geo differance may be bigger in some cases. Boxxer or some forks in 170/180mm travel setting may be the best choices.
I started up with a 178mm Boxxer on my 2005 7point and it was much too steep for anything but AM riding. Definitely recommend a DH fork, no matter the brand. I chose a 180mm 66 ETA which is essentially the same height as a 203mm boxxer. Note I also installed a set of links for 9" shock so I could slacken/lower it a fair bit with a 8.75" shock, but I had to limit a couple mm travel to avoid frame/frame contact. This is not something dw will recommend to you but it has worked for me, just do not run more than 30% sag, so the dw-link still works fine.

Craig Quik

Chimp
Apr 22, 2008
Scotland
I had a 7 Point with a Boxxer Ride on it and the head angle was a little steep for DH. I was thinking on putting a Boxxer Team on it to slacken it out a bit with the bigger axle-crown measurement.