Quantcast

Dual-Slalom clinic and track session, Saturday, June 7th

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
like omg.

So there.

But seriously,this is awesome now the colliegate series will have one more serious track to race. Were up to four now horay!

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
Hey everyone, I just wanted to chime in and let you know about the track. I was given a great opportunity to build a sick track for Brevard College and jumped at it. There is about 80 hours of machine work that has gone into this track so far and who knows how many man hours. I just wanted to give everyone a chance to come check it out. This track will be open to the public for a $10 land use fee all the time after this opening event.

Anyways I know it conflicts a event this weekend, but I have a really busy schedule this year with racing and it was now or October and I figured you guys might want to ride the track this summer, so this is the weekend.

As some of you know I do a little private coaching and it is pretty fun. I figured this would be a way that if you have questions you can come ask, it is all going to be pretty informal. Hopefully it will just turn out to be a good day of riding. Tell your friends.

And lastly lets make a weekend out of it and go ride the 26 West bike park on Sunday. Haley is going to be in town and it should be fun

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Can't wait to come up and check it all out. Sounds like a great weekend in the works. Thanks for the chance to come up and check it out!!!!:cheers:

pinnett

Chimp
Jun 2, 2008
Ive been helping out here and there when i can, giving i work 40+ hours a week. Anyways, here are some minor pics of the sickest slalom i have have ever seen. Its been unreal to even be a minuet part of this whole track and ride-park. Pictures dont even begin to give hints at how sick this track is...herndon is the master of slalom. UH-MERICA!!! Check it: this is just the rough finish...
DSCN0259.jpg
DSCN0257.jpg
DSCN0256.jpg

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
is this track going to be open to the public or just for the college? my girls have a dance recital on the 7th so it looks like i'm out for the clinic but i definitely want to check this place out.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
is this track going to be open to the public or just for the college? my girls have a dance recital on the 7th so it looks like i'm out for the clinic but i definitely want to check this place out.
It will open for the public after this weekend is what I have heard.
$10 for an all day pass.
And I started buidling my hardtail last night.:rockout:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will try to make it up to take some pictures that day. By the way 26West will not be open on the 8th as Ryan has stated in his thread. He said opening weekend is going to be the 14th and 15th.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'm coming up for this one also. I'll be there to get some photos done and hopefully learn an thing two on the bike.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I'm coming up for this one also. I'll be there to get some photos done and hopefully learn an thing two on the bike.
Will not have my bike with me. Will not ride it till the 26West openning weekend. Although I just got back on the road bike last night for some spinning. Boy did the lung and ribs feel it!!!! Still up in the air if I will really make it up Sat. The wife may have to work, so that means time with the little man for me........ We will see.....

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
yeah, i owe my wife big for letting me come up this weekend. Saturday is our wedding anniversary, so i have to do something real nice for her this year...

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
yeah, i owe my wife big for letting me come up this weekend. Saturday is our wedding anniversary, so i have to do something real nice for her this year...
Hah!!! My Anniversary is the 11th.... Its funny how many people get married in June. My wife did wedding cakes back about 6 years ago in NC and she said that was always thier biggest month of the year for weddings.

Mwehahaha

Chimp
Mar 10, 2008
Brevard NC
Danny here,

I ride for Brevard College and helped build this track (although compared to Herndon I did nothing). It is worth checking out. the track is a lot of fun and will test you, without killing you.

I wish I could make it, but I have to work and it is a 4 hour drive (but completely worth the drive)

Have fun guys and gals, it should be a lot of fun.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'll have some of mine up this evening. I'll post a link to a gallery once i have a few images uploaded.