Quantcast

Dual Slalom/Mountain X

scotteross

Chimp
Aug 23, 2004
SLO, CA
Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice that would help a race noob out here. These categories look fun as hell and really fit my style of riding, and I'd like to get some races in under my belt. Anyone have any suggestions that would help with training for these? I ride a lot as it is and like to push the freeride envolope to my own abilitie's extents, but if anyone has a specific 'drill' idea that would be great.

'preciate it.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
For what exactly? Dual/4x? Just find a local track/bmx if need be and go practice. Get some gates and just start. You will see what you excel in and what you don't, that will give others a better hint at how to help you. Without any specific areas to help you with the advice would be broad and generic. Just ride and go find tracks around where you live. Hit up a norba when you can. Good luck and have fun.

JJ_PA

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
S.W. Pennsylvania
go DJ but do it with speed and flo rather than trying to pull tricks.
Great advice, this consits of most of my training for 4X right now, its where I need the most improvement. Gates and first straights are very important. Do lots of gates, I have an awsome self releasing gate I made that works great for 4x if you need the plans let me know I'll send them to you. You can also improve your first straight by doing sprints. Here's my sprint routine.
day 1, 12 sprints woking on my first 10 pedal strokes only
day 2, 12 sprints working with 25-30 pedal strokes
day 3, 12 sprints mixing it up with short and long sprints and some uphill also
give it 110% when doing all your sprints.
Beleive me if you do this and do lots of gates you won't loose many holeshots, I don't.