Quantcast

Dual Slalom or 4x Races?

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I'm trying to find more dual slalom and/or 4x races this season around the Southeast. I live in Nashville, and I'm certainly willing to travel. I've heard that there are races, but I haven't been able to find any detail on where and when any will take place.

These don't have to be big or fancy races, anything will do. We had a great time at the GA Backyard Slalom race earlier in the season.

Thanks for the help,
Tryon

colegrove

Chimp
Jan 7, 2009
I completely agree, i would love to find some sort of 2x-4x courses around that is not to terribly far to drive. What about Lindsy Wilson? I guess worse case senario is we put a couple days of work in at Bigfoots old course and have fun with it till we find a 4x course or a DH to go to that also will be holding 4x race as well.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I completely agree, i would love to find some sort of 2x-4x courses around that is not to terribly far to drive. What about Lindsy Wilson? I guess worse case senario is we put a couple days of work in at Bigfoots old course and have fun with it till we find a 4x course or a DH to go to that also will be holding 4x race as well.
It will take more than a couple days to get Bigfoot going again, but it would be cool to have a sick DS course up there. Let stalk some time.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Sounds good on Bigfoot. Doug, the last couple of time that we rode Windrock, we made it over to Bigfoot too, and had a good time up there.

There's no question that to completely revamp the 4x track it would take quite a bit of work, but just to get it rideable for two people at a time, it looks like a doable project. It's still fun to ride even now. I had a great time shuttling it the last couple of times we were there.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
It's been the slowest slalom/4x year in existence around the SE for this year.
I may throw another fall race if I can get the Deer Hunters to agree...
Fall may shake out a couple DS races in the SE you never know,
I am trying -as I have been for a few years to get a slalom series to sort of fall in place.
No promises but, there is something in the works -just not counting on it since I have
had course builds in the works before to fall through many times because of this or that
red tape or whatever. If you want it? build it! I always say, that's how I got my course
established 10 years ago. I just used to ride around in rural areas trying to find a good
spot on a power line or something and my bro was with me one day and I showed him
the spot I would like to build and he was like, I grew up over there and know people.
We just asked, Hey can we build trails and jumps on the powerline next to your house.
They were like... "takeoff" and I have been there for 10 years and prob. had 15-20 diff.
track versions. Just rent a bobcat and have at it, think it out first build and adjust where neccesary. Then ride and maintain!

Colorado State Series has some good tracks and great competition!

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I certainly appreciate everything you're Chuck! Keep it up man. I think I told you at your last race that one of my biggest goals for the Nashville area is to have a good, quality 4x or slalom track, and it looks like if I want it I'll be building it. I've helped build a couple of pump tracks in the last year or so, so I have an idea of how to make a track flow; now all I have to do is to find a place where we can build. BMX is big here, so I think it would cross over well.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
The best source of land is where xc trails already exist on the property, not so hard to talk them into a slalom.
You just have to be ready to work around or with people being involved that want to play a role but, only think they know what they're doing.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
That makes sense man, thanks for the input. I sent you an email a month or so ago, do you get that by any chance? I was asking a few questions like that.