Quantcast

Dual Slalom Replaces 4x at 2011 National Championships.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Looks like Ill have to bring two bikes if I make it to this event! Did they ever decide if this race will offer UCI points for the DH?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wow! Looking forward too see some pics of the course. Suspect, looks like your crusade to bring slalom back is getting a major bump!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Having slalom is awesome but, there were like 2 qualifiers on the whole east coast. Will this kill the number of participants? Should USAC make an exception on the process? Maybe DH should qualify riders for the slalom also?

Hopefully the track will not be a pump track and offer a good mix of old and new school slalom with some flat and off camber turns as well as berms and jumps.

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I have a hard team believing hey are going to enforce the bullsh*t "qualifier" rule.
If you don't have a local race why not just promote one? Someone has to promote the races
Afterall it's pretty damn easy!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
4x bike, slalom bike... same thing. Run what you brung imo.
Duh! The bikes that some big companies try to foist on consumers though? They can be pretty far from race geometry(a whole separate thing that we shouldn't bother getting into) and 9 times out of ten seem to be optimized for riding on smooth surfaces at moderate speed, usually in a straight line aka dirtjump and park riding. Please though- hijacking. no

Chuck-
Just go promote a race or two. Y'all have grassy hills. I'm sure you could get a crew to help.
That's why slalom rules.