Quantcast

dual slalom

Jun 10, 2007
North Jersey
diablo should deff host some dual slalom races like between or during the domination series next series. hell it would be great if they like made a seperate series for it or somthing

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Safe and spectator friendly- probably a good market. bummer there probably isn't enough money in it for Shawn to change his lease/inurance to do a slalom event under the lights. What a cool race weekend that would make. DH practice Sat, slalom saturday night, Dh on Sunday!!

Think of all the money people would save by not drinking as early satruday night- that right there would pay for the entry form!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
diablo has to get permission to build permanet stuff and they have to find space to do it..... the only place for it would be like the sugger slope.... but they would have to tare it up every year ....... to much money

Sep 23, 2007
but they would have to tare it up every year ....... to much money
too much money? to do what? move some dirt around? three, maybe four days of hard work and an excavator would do it. HELL there are SO MANY PEOPLE that want a dual slalom course, I'm sure they could get volunteers to do the work. if im not mistaken doesn't Plattekill tear down their slalom course every year for skiing?

i would say the money isn't the issue, it's probably getting mountain creek to go along with it, that is my guess.

Whatever the issue is, Diablo really needs to step it up, places like Highland Mountain seem to be doing all the right things...

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
i think the race course should start downhill into a slalom then down rt 94 to burder king then you must eat a quad stacker then ride back to the parking lot do 10 pusch ups and thats the winner

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
that should deff be the next course for the season opener next year im guessing we would see alot of down riders due to cramps.... lol

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Fifty pound bikes with sag-tastic 8 inch travel bikes pedaling uphill; now that is what I call parade-paced action!

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
yea i agree, diablo had tempest and pro jump added this year. both super fun but highland's amazing now and plattekill put on some sweet races this year. if platty can have DS diablo can.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
its definitly possible and if they wanted to keep it permanent they could do it above alpine. (i want alpine to start at the VERY top) but that probably will not happen

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I definately agree that Diablo should put in a DS course. Like stated earlier, IMO the Sugar slope would be the best bet. Either for walking the bikes up or the lift. Not too far up the mountain (spectator friendly), the grade is the same all the way down and it's wide. The course doesn't have to use an insane amount of dirt that needs to be moved every single winter, right? I'm sure Shawn and the gang have already thought about all this though.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
hmm... this thread seams very similar to one last year.

I think if they could/wanted to make a DS coarse they would have done it already. Personally I'd rather see new/improoved trails, like Tempest for this season.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
hmm... this thread seams very similar to one last year.

I think if they could/wanted to make a DS coarse they would have done it already. Personally I'd rather see new/improoved trails, like Tempest for this season.

wasn't it a 4x coarse last year??

The Diablo crew did a great job this year by adding a few newawesome trails (Tempest, Victory, Monarch(was that this year?)) and keeping the existing trails in great condition all year. Out of the 15 or so times I was up there this year not once did I see a complete trail closure. Good job guys and I can't wait to see whats in store for next season :clapping:

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
yea... I didnt see any trail closures at all, except the occasional tree across a trail. Oh and frog pond, but thats a given.

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
i still think a slope style coarse would be the best it would start progression and have some stuff in that field thing that the tape is infont of that is right infront of progesion

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Hey guys.... Thank you for the great comments and suggestions!

We have already begun planning for next season and here is some preliminary information:

-We will be placing heavy focus on adding new jumplines and 'dominion/tempest-like' trails on various sections of the mountain

-We will be using our crews combined 15 years of experience building terrain park features under the "ParkLogic" brand and adding slopestyle features (funboxes, wallrides) to new trails and existing trails (modified)

-Expect to see a Junior "Development" Team created where up-and-coming racers can receive weekly coaching from top level racers and special guest coaches

-Expect to see a Dual Slalom Discipline added to the U.S. Open and potentially some of the Domination races

-Expect to see even more empasis placed on trail maintenance with an increased trail crew

-Anticipate a mid-summer opening of a new Cross Country loop that is designed for short-travel bike use. Invision new semi-machine built XC trails like Tempest and Exodus incorporporated into an 'all-mountain' style cross country loop with moderate sized freeride elements. We also plan to host a unique freeride time-trial event on this new freeride oriented XC loop.

-Anticipate an early May opening date in 2008

-Anticipate more events and more creative partnerships with the industry's leading manufacturers.

This is a small sampling of what we have in store, but is by no means exhaustive. It will be our largest single-season trail improvement plan since Diablo's inception in 2003. Stay tuned!

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
-We will be placing heavy focus on adding new jumplines and 'dominion/tempest-like' trails on various sections of the mountain

-We will be using our crews combined 15 years of experience building terrain park features under the "ParkLogic" brand and adding slopestyle features (funboxes, wallrides) to new trails and existing trails (modified)
Man, way to step it up diablo... That's so awesome, and I really haven't gotten up there much, but I did notice there really weren't any trail closing either....

:cheers:

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
--

-Anticipate a mid-summer opening of a new Cross Country loop that is designed for short-travel bike use. Invision new semi-machine built XC trails like Tempest and Exodus incorporporated into an 'all-mountain' style cross country loop with moderate sized freeride elements. We also plan to host a unique freeride time-trial event on this new freeride oriented XC loop.

QUOTE]

awesome.....looks like im brining 2 bikes to the park next year......those xc loops that have been there since 99 are really good loops....gonna be nice to ride em again.....some great trails up there :clapping:

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Next year sounds like Diablo is stepping up to plate as far as park survival. There are so many bike parks popping up, and slopestyle type fields are getting more and more common. It's just my opinion but last year when I started a slopestyle thread it was hit hundreds of times and the enthusiasm was awesome. If you look at the big events out on the west coast, when it comes to spectator draw, and money production it most commonly revolves around slopestyle. I think if Diablo were to pull all punches and get something like they have posted going the numbers are going to triple for next year. And to get a good mountaincross course that doesn't resemble a BMX track downhill (no not today's tracks, I'm talking those 1990's BMX tracks with one set of doubles set at 2 foot tall) riders would come out of the woodwork to come compete and ride. I'm looking forward to next year. Thanks trail crew for making my dreams come true.:clapping:

FBMX123

Chimp
Aug 2, 2007
Connecticut
I think diablo should open up more of the left side of the mountain, especially on the lower half. Having all the trails filter into one trail tends to get exhausting. That's really the only qualm i have with this great park. Maybe have an element like the pro jump, or the US open berms, or something of that sort open over on that slope to give us another option to end.

Sep 23, 2007
Can I get a f@ck yeah!

Are you guys going to get together a volunteer trail crew to help you build all this?

Please for the love of god do not put in a mountaincross course over a dual slalom course. I want to race agaisn't the course, not race agaisn't some loser that has a big ass that he uses to throw into some berms. not to mention what a better course you can design in the slalom format over boredumcross...

anyway way to go Diablo! sounds awesome. but now wtf am I supposed to do all winter???? Dream of Diablo 08!

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Screw the "Jumplines" and put in more REAL DH runs. 4 years of riding dominion gets a little boring and the other trails are getting to feel the same. Me and my crew love BMW, Ripper, Slayer... Why not put in technical trails and screw the "groomers" for a change?

Even more freeride stuff would be cool- and not only drops.

Sep 23, 2007
After 4 years of riding the same thing anything would get boring.

hence why im not married

good luck diablo, not matter what you do someone is going to bitch.

how about ignore us all and build whatever the hell you want.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Man, next year sounds like it's going to rule!

The only thing better that I could hope for is eventually Diablo get's popular enough that they could justify running the lift on Granite Peak (steepest terrain at Mtn Creek) and cutting some steep & sick DH runs there.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Sep 23, 2007
Man, next year sounds like it's going to rule!

The only thing better that I could hope for is eventually Diablo get's popular enough that they could justify running the lift on Granite Peak (steepest terrain at Mtn Creek) and cutting some steep & sick DH runs there.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
is that the lift you see to the left when your riding up?