Quantcast

Dual Sport Motorcycle=fun

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I recently bought a beater KLR600 Dual sport bike and finally got it running last weekend. I must say making a dirt bike legal for the street is one of man's best ideas. On sunday I explored a network of fireroads that took me way back into the woods, it would've been near impossible to go back there in any other vehicle. Yesterday I did some "urban motorcycling" (riding up staircases, using parking lot embankments as jumps etc:evil: ), good times for sure. It actually handles surprisingly well on the street too. Anyway just thought I'd share. I know there is more than a few people in here who ride motorcycles.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Liquid10 said:
Yesterday I did some "urban motorcycling" (riding up staircases, using parking lot embankments as jumps etc:evil: ), good times for sure.
:wonky2: Cool you got a motorcycle but keep the play riding out in the dirt and keep it out of the city.

The KLR is a HUGE bike. but I bet it is great cruising down the street. I saw a couple DualSporting at our Desert Race and helped one up a loose hill after the rider had dropped it....man was that bike heavy. :D

Got any pics?

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Yeah it is a huge bike. Its not bad off-road as long as the trails don't get too tight. I dropped it on a nasty rutted out hillclimb and had a lot of fun getting it back up:dead: . The size/weight is good for the street though, doesn't wander or anything. It actually handles very well on the street, even with the DOT knobbie in back. I don't have pics yet but I'll post em when I get some.

P.S the "urban motorcycling" was in an empty parking lot (not even in use right now), not a heavilly populated area.