Quantcast

Dual Suspension for dh?

jc6711

Chimp
Dec 18, 2007
Is it really neccisary to have dual suspension oh a dh hill bike? The trails aruond here arnt really that long...but there steap. The bike that i am looking at doesnt have dual suspension, but its alumium, has disc brakes, and adjustable front shocks. What that be good enough for a begginer. (i am some what of a seasond rider, having bmxed there on the jumps.) Or is there any cheep dh bikes? I am saving for a new mx bike so maybe less then $300.

jc6711

Chimp
Dec 18, 2007
Barids Creek. Green Bay, Wi. Its a like a big strecth of land with mtb trails on it. There is one area with a decent consitant hill. most othere areas have short steep hills. It has a alot of random trails and alot of elevation changes. From my knowledge there is only two areas wiht jumps.

mason1

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
in my own little world
downhilling a hardtail makes you a better rider, or so they say. One of my friend raced downhill on the collegiate level, on a specialized hardrock, he did some pretty good stuff on it.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Is it really neccisary to have dual suspension oh a dh hill bike? The trails aruond here arnt really that long...but there steap. The bike that i am looking at doesnt have dual suspension, but its alumium, has disc brakes, and adjustable front shocks. What that be good enough for a begginer. (i am some what of a seasond rider, having bmxed there on the jumps.) Or is there any cheep dh bikes? I am saving for a new mx bike so maybe less then $300.
This has to be a Joke.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
You going to be racing or just riding trails? A freeride hardtail might be just the ticket for you, something with a 6-7 inch single crown with travel adjust.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
a hardtail will be just fine for wisconsin and most riding in the midwest. If you start riding other places, you will want a full DH bike. You can ride a hardtail at most DH places. However, it will not be as much fun. Still fun though.

look up these guys: http://rivendownhill.com They (Andy, Chad, Bill, etc) are based out of Green Bay and also ride DH. They make a few trips out the the east coast each year to ride.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
dude if you live in WI. and this is going to be your normal trail bike then you are gonna want to stay away from dh bikes. full suspension is cool but when there is no elevation change you might as well get a hardtail.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
I have a friend thats selling a hard tail banshee for 350.00 he has is add on this web in the classified the things a beast has so many gussets it insane, go to the hard tail frames on the classifieds type in hard tail frame banshee. not trying to sell you anything.just thought I would let you know, it's in perfect condition.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
dude if you live in WI. and this is going to be your normal trail bike then you are gonna want to stay away from dh bikes. full suspension is cool but when there is no elevation change you might as well get a hardtail.
Thank you. As someone who as ridden pretty much every "DH" trail in WI and IL, I can tell you a hardtail will or could win just about every race. Hardtail or XC dualie (3-4 inches TOPS) for WI dood. Except maybe Marquette, I haven't ridden there.