Quantcast

Dual tune for CC Double Barrels??

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
What do you guys think about this:

I'm not quite sure how they achieve 'two different' tunes by installing the old-school dual adjusters. Essentially you end up with two LSC and LSR adjusters.

So I'm thinking that you can fine tune how the climb switch affects the damping once it's in engaged - either crank in the second LSC/LSR adjusters for firmer feeling or open up the secondary LSC/LSR adjusters for a more active feeling. I think that's how it works.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
But the CCDB only has one circuit. The climb switch only cranks in the LSC and LSR to get that firm platform that's still lets the wheel track the ground.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But the CCDB only has one circuit. The climb switch only cranks in the LSC and LSR to get that firm platform that's still lets the wheel track the ground.
from CC:

"The Climb Switch changes the low speed damping of Double Barrel shocks in one simple switch, to optimize suspension dynamics during climbing. It does this by turning on and off a set of internal ‘climbing circuits’ that are accessed when CS is engaged. Cane Creek tunes the ‘climbing circuits’ specifically for the demands of off-road climbing to achieve improved pedaling efficiency with less chassis motion. When the rider is ready to descend, with the flip of CS, the shock returns to the traditional low-speed circuits of the Double Barrel. "

so basically it is an extra circuit, and i'm guessing this mod allows you to tune it, but it would still be dependent on the primary LSC/LSR tune, unlike PUSH which has two totally independent & tuneable compression circuits (but only one rebound).

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
oh,
kinda lame
i also think the push is lame AF gimmick
its a decked out fox clone with extra shit
the original push moto shock was a nice piece...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Ok, here's how I understand this...

For argument's sake, let's say the climb switch increases LSC and LSR by 80%. By having the dual adjusters with the climb switch ON, you can now open up those secondary LCS and LSR adjusters in order to let some oil flow, making your 80% climbing platform more like 70%, or 65%...etc. For when you have the climb switch OFF, you can turn in both sets of the LSC and LSR adjusters to get the feeling you want. That's 'basically' it, I think.

As for Push being a high end Fox shock? Yup I've been told that too. The body is the same as the Fox Van RC. Even the adjusters are a Push version of the Avalanche hi/lo adjuster (remember that first version of the MX tune?? It was a Fox shock with bigger reservoir bridge with an Avalanche adjuster in it).

Most people get the 11-6 with DH and Trail settings. Other than the custom tuning of the main piston (which is super beneficial for sure!), that second circuit is basically a climb switch. So yeah, I kind of agree it's a bit of a gimmick. My Rock Shox Super Deluxe has a switch that goes from open, trail to fully locked out and I still have a LSC adjuster. It pretty much covers all my needs. My only complaint is all aftermarket tuners like Vorspriung, Avalanche...etc, get rid of that full lockout function which to me is important: Grinding up the fireroads with a 160mm enduro bike is a pain even with a 76 deg seat tube.

I still have one of those OG Push MX-2 tuned Fox shocks. It's pretty neat but hardly anyone tunes or services them.

Last edited:

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
the real solution is to get a bike with that pedals well and quit fucking with switches. My pivot 5.5 pedals so well with the switch off that i NEVER turn it on anymore.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
have le double barrel with climb switch on my nomad. never used it. never used the one on the super deluxe coil before it. vividly recall riding with a buddy on an anthem one day and looking over on a smooth gravel climb and seeing him bobbing up and down like a hooker at a vegas brothel.

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
I might be wrong here, but read somewhere that CS ON chokes both compression and rebound LS circuits, so the oil is forced through the HS circuits only. If you replace the HS adjusters on CS model with the "old" HS/LS adjusters when the CS is ON the oil is forced through the "old" adjusters only, with certain HS/LS dialed in, which is one mode. When CS is OFF though the small LS adjusters come into play, providing your second mode.....kinda makes sense.