Quantcast

Dubstep suggestions?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So, been listening to more and more of it thanks to some parties that I've gone to. Anyone on here have suggestions for good stuff to download? I figure there's gotta be other people on here who like it (I know BMCarter does for sure). I gotta fill up my iPod with things other then Eminem, Lil Wayne, Nickatina, Blink 182, Rise Against and Green Day!

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Hmm... I tend towards more house-like stuff, but Jakwob and Mimosa are pretty good. I hear Rusko is also sort of a go-to dubstep artist, but I haven't actually listened to him.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Hmm... I tend towards more house-like stuff, but Jakwob and Mimosa are pretty good. I hear Rusko is also sort of a go-to dubstep artist, but I haven't actually listened to him.
Thanks. Ya, driving out to the national champs this year was basically 16hrs of listening to dubstep and that got me started.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Well Bassnectar is a must for dubstep. Start with his new ep "wildstyle" I think. And Time stretch definitely.

Also try Datsik. His newer stuff is great.

And start a dubstep station on pandora. Thats how I find a lot of new stuff

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Bloody Beetroots it's not really dub but you make like it if you like dubstep. Hit them up on grooveshark.com and use their radio recomendation thingy to find more similars. No need to register to listen music there so try before you buy (it's legal ).
I think they added search by tags recently so it should be easy to find dubstep. Also hit the dubstep tag at last.fm.

Aug 31, 2005
check out Kode9, Digital Mystikz, Mala, Coki, Bar9, Truth, Distance, Joker, Kromestar

"This is Dubstep vol. #" compilations are good too

PS.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
rusko for sure, he puts on an absolutely ridiculous live show. go see him if you have the chance.

some other good ones are j.rabbit, skrillex, borgore, funtcase, flux pavilion, dillon francis, zeds dead, just to name a few.

bass for your face.

you'd probably also dig some hard electro/grime if you like dubstep. check out pance party, porter robinson, the mould, haezer, realboy, felix cartal, john roman, and dj atention. oh and definitely deadmau5 if you haven't checked out his stuff yet, he's starting to delve into the dubstep genre with some good results. he also puts on a mindblowing live show.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Don't give dubstep much time personally but my brother is right into it, I think Benga is one that comes to mind, UK artist I think.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
RUSKO! Nero, Borgore, Bassnectar, Cragga, Pretty lights, Bart B, Smash Gordon, Flux pavillion . I could go on. The best thing you can do is start a radio station on slacker or pandora.

mutiny audio- riot culture is one of the better dubstep sets ive heard lately. (free)

check the artists on this site too.
http://fallmassive.com/

Last edited:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
rusko for sure, he puts on an absolutely ridiculous live show. go see him if you have the chance.

some other good ones are j.rabbit, skrillex, borgore, funtcase, flux pavilion, dillon francis, zeds dead, just to name a few.

bass for your face.

you'd probably also dig some hard electro/grime if you like dubstep. check out pance party, porter robinson, the mould, haezer, realboy, felix cartal, john roman, and dj atention. oh and definitely deadmau5 if you haven't checked out his stuff yet, he's starting to delve into the dubstep genre with some good results. he also puts on a mindblowing live show.
so true.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Skream, Benga, Artwork, Coki, Mala(These are essentially the original Dubstep producers from when it all started in Croydon), Rusko, Nero, Plastician, Boogaloo Crew, Caspa, Sub Focus,

DONT Listen to **** like Borgore

Id reccomend checking out Toddla T for some wicked beats, check out some more grimey garagey stuff like James Blake.

High Rankin is coming up the ranks, hes got the big sound but he does it right unlike alot of these new producers who just arent any good. Hes got a new album coming out soon, As im amazingly cool ive got the full 320 straight from the man himself but youll have to wait a while.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
try DLing the track that goes like this....
BwwwwwWWWAAAAAAA-WAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa-woooo-wooooo-wooooo-woooo

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah actually whoever suggested listening to Rinse is right, Check out Rinse, you can listen online, itll direct you through itunes.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
I grew up with Porter Robinson. He's been making sick trance/electronic since we were like 14. :thumb: