Quantcast

duck's New Devinci Wilson 3!

Sshields32

Monkey
Mar 7, 2008
Warwick, NY
OHHHHH DAMMMNNNN. thats stupid. i have a cottage in canada. maybe some shop around that area will be selling one next time i go up.
thanks man.

I have another question that actually involves the bike.
Doesnt the wilson 3 comes with a sram x.9? not a x.0?

Last edited:

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
I'm guessing that since you live in NY, your Canadian cottage must be in Ontario or Quebec? Seems to be a lot of Devinci dealers in those two Provinces. Check the website for dealers, call around or call Devinci.

gratiflying - you mentioned the pivots need to kept up... are you having problems with yours?
are they still using needle bearings? I've had mine apart twice for inspection and greasing, they still seem fine.

The FR/DH positions on the new chainstay/dropout is the same design they used in previous years to change geometry for 24"/26" rear wheel. FR rear makes the chainstays shorter and raises bb.

Being able to adjust the shock frame mount position is nice too. I built a bolt-on geometry adjuster for my '06 shock mount which serves the same purpose.

friggin nice bikes... good times.

Jun 17, 2008
Prince George BC
Nice bikes for sure. Hello all Monkeys, long time reader first time poster, great forumn. I know a lil bout Devincis so figured would be a good time to make my first post.

This year devinci stepped away from the needle bearings of the previous models to a self lubricating composite polymer bushing assembly. I own 2 of the earlier model wilsons and now my brother has a newer Wilson I could state that so far the newer Wilson requires less upkeep on the pivots. He had to tighten his initially but they have been fine for the last few months. I can also say the rear end seems to be alot stiffer on the newer model then previous years.

And if you rlooking to buy one make sure you buy one in Canada, they do sell them in the US but they eliminate the Horst-link and use a Kona-esque style rear.

Last edited:

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
Thanks for that info... good stuff to know. Stiffer rear end sounds good. I suppose the composite bushings would help make the frame lighter, as well.
The new frames seem quite a bit more refined than the older style.

Jun 17, 2008
Prince George BC
Yes definitly more refined. The rider position is much better and the bike corners so much better then previous models.

And the composite bushings are about a quarter pound lighter then the needle bearings on the old frame.

And to compare to previous models heres my 06 Wilson with a fresh powdercoat before decals, shes undergone a few changes since

Last edited:

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
I've got an 07 Wilson. Can you take some pictures of your bolt-on geometry adjuster?
It's a bit crude, but it works. Steepens the head angle 2 deg, raises bb about 3/4". Two aluminum plates, 4 bolts, a few holes and some rough shaping.
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited: