Quantcast

duct tape

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
omg duct tape is the best thing ever invented (either that or zip ties). so i went on a bike ride today and the pod of my break broke, got home and i was ready to ride again, all thanks to duct tape.

post what ever you have used duct tape for too :)

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
well my titec el norte seat decided it needed to rip after only a few months of use, so.........i patched it up with some duct and electrical tape. i only had yellow at the time and hey it adds atleast 10 horse power.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
hey sam (DownhillnDunkey) its golf ball not gold ball, i finaly got to correct you at spelling. and yea now my dad wants me to buy him some more duck tape because we used soo much

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
ZEDMAN said:
well my titec el norte seat decided it needed to rip after only a few months of use, so.........i patched it up with some duct and electrical tape. i only had yellow at the time and hey it adds atleast 10 horse power.
Ha, zedboy, he said duct tape, not electrical tape, loser, you are the only person to bring up electrical tape, but I have electrical tape on my seat too, so I'm a loser to, but at least I didn't spend like 4 mega days taping it up, like you and your bumblebee seat

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
offdawalley said:
Ha, zedboy, he said duct tape, not electrical tape, loser, you are the only person to bring up electrical tape, but I have electrical tape on my seat too, so I'm a loser to, but at least I didn't spend like 4 mega days taping it up, like you and your bumblebee seat
hey way-leee. it didnt take me 4 days or 4 mega days (whatever those are) to do that to my seat. you are just jealous of the yellow seat i have and my purple king head set. and i dont want to hear a word about your lock ons that are fading by the way.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
hell yea, my pants kept getting caught in the chain when i was riding inthe cold, so i duct taped from my knee down on the right leg, then everything worked fine.

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
my friend made a duct tape suitjacket and pants, complete with tie, undershirt, shoes, belt, and goofy hat for something. i wish i had a picture.
but i think that the answer to your question is no. Theres nothing ducttape cant do.

I think this is a quality example:

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
I have a golf ball in between the inner plate of my blackspire chainguide and my frame. the inner plate is also duct taped to my frame, the point of the duct tape is to keep the inner plate pushed aginst the chainring to keep the chain on. ; )

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
laura said:
i prefer gaff tape.
*HIGH FIVE*

A voice of reason in this thread. Right on!

Whole parts of my life have been held together with gaff.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I have 2 duct tape patches in the roof of my '81 rabbit convertible

DownhillnDunkey said:
the point of the duct tape is to keep the inner plate pushed aginst the chainring to keep the chain on. ; )
Isnt that kinda the point of the guide...It may be time for a new one