Quantcast

DUDE! 56k killa, mini quarter blowout

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
so we built this 2' quarter a month or so ago and I gotta say it's WAAAYYYY more fun than I ever thought. We all took turns taking pics with my camera tonight. I'm stoked on the pics and how much fun it was. the set up is in zod's basement. we are going to be adding more in the near future. gotta keep that head low with the 8' ceiling...bwhahaha.

say hello to the owner, general zod

he likes nose bonks

beerz

zod on da two-6's

beerz

beerz footjammin' my bike

me, fakie air

me

beerz on the wall run

disaster

mega barhump by brewz

seat ride fakie

3-star general

x-up fakie

bermslider

rattitude

reason for the season

good, good times...

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Yeah I ain't got no cool tricks yet like you boys but the nose bonks are honed in and I just picked up my sponsorship with Caterpillar so life is 15% complete :weee:

Fun session and I had fun snapping shots of the two better riders :clapping:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I love little garage ramps. We had one when I was in college and we would just tear it up on rainy days or at night.

WTF did his Care Bear bike break down?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Good stuff Tiles!! I've never been much of a ramp rider, but I've been doing more of it lately and it can really be pretty addictive.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
dog eater: he's into alternative shreddage...bwhahaha

yes, little ramps are highly addictive. we'd like to bowl it all in in the near future. we're working on plans now.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
What dimension did you use for the transiton?
we started out with plans for a 4' quarter with a 6.5' transition. our original location for the ramp was in a barn with really high ceilings. the barn location fell thru so we had to relocate to zod's basement with 8' ceilings. all we did is take the same sides cut for the 4' quarter and trim 2' from the top. It gave a perfect tranny for the basement b/c it's really mellow. I don't know how you'd come to that exact dimensions if you started with a 2' side. sounds complicated...

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
So when is my phone gonna ring? I keep seeing pics but no ringy-ringy. :disgust1: I guess I'll just have to deal with only riding Grayson and "Blue Ramps".....which are both less than 2 miles from my front door. :monkeydance: You would think considering I have 2 skateparks that close to my place I would have some skills....Oh well, I guess no talent means no talent no matter how much great riding you have close by.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
that's cool stuff man! I wish I had a indoor spot to ride.... I love that blue joint!

I don't think I'm gonna have the money to pull the trigger on that kink this month... bummed....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
that thing is saweet!

I was going to build a mini a little biger than that out in the back!

when I was 15, I built an 8' tall 16' wide half with about an inch of vert. :biggrin: I was a skater, but a bunch of the guys I ride with now used to ride it with their BMX bikes! I built 4 other halves and a pair of mini ramps for people by the time I was 18! I love seeing other peoples ramp rigs!

this thread gets a big thumbs up! :thumb:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
if we could have pursued the original plan of building in the barn, I think it would be crazy b/c the ceilings were so high. we do the best we can in limited space, I mean VERY limited space. So far it's worked out way better than expected...

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
We picked up another 25 sq. feet of floor space, I sold the weight machine to Duck Sauce #9 tonight.....him and two good ole' boys came by the stunt ranch and picked it up (literally).