Quantcast

Dude, Is my doctor a quak?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I broke my Humerus 5 weeks ago today and my lower arm and hand are still swollen :confused: Swollen like I have no wrist bone or knukles.

They don't hurt, but the swelling after 5 weeks seems a little long to me. The doctor said when the swelling goes down the bone is heeled :(

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
That almost sounds good. The swelling can also be exacerbated by the inactivity of your hand and stuff. Try excercising it, you know move it around a little more often.

Do little circles with your arm or something... No no not that direction, go the other way counter clockwise :p

I didnt even sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
That almost sounds good. The swelling can also be exacerbated by the inactivity of your hand and stuff. Try excercising it, you know move it around a little more often.

Do little circles with your arm or something... No no not that direction, go the other way counter clockwise :p

I didnt even sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night :thumb:
The swelling started to go down to were I almost had knuckles, but then I started PT on Thursday and it went back up. I have stress ball I have been using to have movement in my hands.

If one more dork tells me to keep my hand above my head I'm going to smack them....Hello! My arm is broken!! :mumble:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Snacks said:
If one more dork tells me to keep my hand above my head I'm going to smack them....Hello! My arm is broken!! :mumble:
I think that counts as excercise...

And its above your heart, not your head.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I think that counts as excercise...

And its above your heart, not your head.
I have been excercising tons....but it's mainly hiking :rolleyes: I'm just getting worried because I have planned a trip up to Whistler with my family for the end of September I would at least like to ride my bike on the valley trails!

Heart/Head....same thing! :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Snacks said:
Hah! Don't make me laugh, it hurts too much! :nuts:

WTF :think: kinda Dr do you have? You broke your hand and it hurts to laugh??

Id seriously get a second opinion

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
WTF :think: kinda Dr do you have? You broke your hand and it hurts to laugh??

Id seriously get a second opinion
Dude, it's my right humerus! My arm silly not my hand? Of all ppl I thought you would know anatomy :p