Quantcast

Duke Nukem Forever: The Legend of Vaporware

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
more to come??
The reports of Duke Nukem's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Though Forever has been jettisoned into the inky blackness of the vaporware realm, leading to a court struggle over the Nukem IP, 3D Realms CEO Scott Miller still sees a future for the foul-mouthed hero. "The next few years should see a strong resurgence in Duke," Miller mentioned in a recent interview with new gaming mag Gamesauce. "There are numerous other Duke games in various stages of development, several due out this year."
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/27/3d-realms-teases-numerous-upcoming-duke-nukem-projects/

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
There is definitely still a demand for the game. There's obviously content that has been created/developed, so hopefully the IP will land in the lap of someone who can bring it to market. But then again, I'll believe it when I see it.
actually, after playing the demo, they should not make another game. Wolfenstein stunk

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
god, 12+ years in the making and this is the best they could do?? if this was released 5-6 years ago, it would have just been "okay."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
now that dobson's gone, they're less restrictive on the "conclusions" they draw, leaving it to the reader. in times' past, they were directed a particular recipe, nearly always ending w/ "don't let your kids play this game". it's moving more toward becoming an honest broker, and less finger wagging.

[full disclosure: my kid's in 3rd grade w/ jim daly's kid]