Quantcast

Dukes of Hazzard thread

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
damn it when i see it this friday i am going to close my eyes and pretend the general lee is a bicycle. i think that is probably the greatest entertainment value anyone can get.

or even better have the whole movie remade by dh girlie just to see them all hock spit through the whole movie and chaw tobacco

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i saw a bunch of clips from it and i am very disappointed with the way it looks. it is set in modern day and boss hog isnt fat and daisy is a blonde.
i mean, i have wanted a dukes movie for as long as i could remember but i always knew that it would suck when it finally came out. i guess i will have to make my final judgement when i see it though.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have to admit it looks like a fun movie....as long as them sour puss's don't get all serious while watching it.

If you take the movie for what it is worth it looks like it will be fun. :) Is most (all?) of their car jumps "real" ie not computer generated? It woudl be a nice change of pace. :rolleyes: at every other movvie made in the last 5 years.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
it does look like a fun movie... I was a huge dukes watcher back in the day but im not going to try and compare the two... Movies made out of old tv shows will never be the same.. just enjoy it for what it is

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Well being that I'm only 16 I missed the show and have only seen one or two episodes ever. It looks like a typical actionpacked HOllywood movie but an amusing one at that.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Cooter Brown said:
whachoo talkin bout, I'm not against the movie :)

yeah, I had heard that, he's just jealous daisy duke's boobies didn't get rubbed on him

He said that the original series was wholesome for the whole family. What's so wholesome about a girl in Daisy Dukes?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
maybe they will also make movies about The Love Boat and Fantasy Island. can't wait for those chunks of dung.

if good taste makes me a sourpuss, so be it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
Well being that I'm only 16 I missed the show and have only seen one or two episodes ever. It looks like a typical actionpacked HOllywood movie but an amusing one at that.
Damn kids.

I remember watching the *first* episode at my buddy's house when I was like 9 years old..........

Ahhhh. What good times.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
SkaredShtles said:
Damn kids.

I remember watching the *first* episode at my buddy's house when I was like 9 years old..........

Ahhhh. What good times.

dude! YES!! I too remember watching the originals, and have teh 2nd season on DVD

I even would sit around and watch it with my Matchbox replicas of the General and Roscoe P. Coltrane's cop car and make my own chases thru the brown/yellow mix shag carpet and jump many quaffs of carpet

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Cooter Brown said:
dude! YES!! I too remember watching the originals, and have teh 2nd season on DVD

I even would sit around and watch it with my Matchbox replicas of the General and Roscoe P. Coltrane's cop car and make my own chases thru the brown/yellow mix shag carpet and jump many quaffs of carpet
Dude. You kick so much ass I can't even begin to describe it........ :thumb:

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
You mean a steaming pile of $hit? Because that's what it looks like it will be.

And what's fun about that? :think:

ummm, did all you guys see the original series? If this is all about good taste, then how on earth did you stumble onto the Dukes in the first place?

What exactly is missing?

the high production values,

the less-than-mediocre acting,

or maybe it's missing those talented writers from the original series.

No more Waylon?

really, i hope this movie lives up to everyones astronomical expectations of truth and integrity.

BTW, Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaw!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Drunken_Ninja said:
or even better have the whole movie remade by dh girlie just to see them all hock spit through the whole movie and chaw tobacco

Huh? what in tarnation are you talkin about? First of all, I would puke seeing people hock spit...however...if I did remake the movie...you probably wouldn't wanna see it...the whole thing would be just Johnny Knoxville...nude...for two hours... :love: he's so F'n HOT.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
narlus said:
maybe they will also make movies about The Love Boat and Fantasy Island. can't wait for those chunks of dung.

if good taste makes me a sourpuss, so be it.
What kind of car do you think they'll use for the Knight Rider movie? The Trans Am they used was the yet-to-be-released version. F-bodies are no more. What would they use?

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
1. A Porsche Carrera GT should be the new ride.
2. To hell with tradition. Kit's voice should be done by a woman....preferably british.
3. Sade possibly? Maybe even Joss Stone
Any other suggestions???

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
clancy98 said:
ummm, did all you guys see the original series? If this is all about good taste, then how on earth did you stumble onto the Dukes in the first place?
Goddam right I saw the originals. And you know what? I liked them. But you know what else? I was friggin' 10 years old living in the rural sticks of Michigan.

The movie is not a release for 10-year olds from what I've seen. And as an adult, it looks like a steaming pile of dog $hit, IMNSHO.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe James Cameron should have directed it.

Then it would be the Epic Film Journey you would have hoped, and you could hurried onto the monkey upon your triumphant release from the theater, and waxed philosophically on how important it was to our generation.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
dh girlie said:
A goddamn movie around here is at LEAST 9.25!
hell yea its expensive as hell around here too. $9/person at the good theatre. theres a cheapo theatre near the city but it doesnt get movies til like a month after their out. ill save my $9 and rent it from blockbuster and burn a copy. :D

J

JRB

Unlike the hippy - I am not tooooo cool for this flic.

I am going tonight.

Piss off you grouchy hippy.