Quantcast

Dumbest Fad ever!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
Hell no. The first time he just started talking I thought he was talking to me. I was thinking I must not have been paying attention to the conversation because I had no freaking idea what he was talking about. I finally figured out he was talking to someone else not at the table.

If you are going to have a conversation on the phone while eating dinner stay home and eat a potpie.
Dude, that made me laugh so hard!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
A Talkative Public Bathroom Cell Phone Joke

Leaving Minnesota for Colorado, I decide to make a stop at one of those rest areas on the side of the road. I go in the washroom. The first stall was taken so I went in the second stall. I just sat down when I hear a voice from the next stall...

- "Hi there, how is it going?"

Okay, I am not the type to strike conversations with strangers in washrooms on the side of the road. I didn't know what to say so finally I say:

- "Not bad..."

Then the voice says:

- "So, what are you doing?"

I am starting to find that a bit weird, but I say:

- "Well, I'm going back to Colorado..."

The next thing he says shocks me:

- "Want to stop by my place tonight?"

I nervously answered:

- "Um, no thanks. I don't even know you."

Then I hear the person say all flustered:

- "Look I'll call you back, every time I ask you a question this asshole in the next stall keeps answering me."

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
jdschall said:
Hell no. The first time he just started talking I thought he was talking to me. I was thinking I must not have been paying attention to the conversation because I had no freaking idea what he was talking about. I finally figured out he was talking to someone else not at the table.

If you are going to have a conversation on the phone while eating dinner stay home and eat a potpie.
I still treat it like a cell phone... I always excuse myself for any call... its just common courtesy...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
There was this guy dressed in this 2,000 dollar suit yelling at this bush in my offices' lobby....I was like..."O.k.....I think the Merrill Lynch guy just blew a head gasket and went bananas..." Nope...he was yelling at his wife (or possibly ex...) about not picking up the dry cleaning....

I do that same thing, I always think someone's talking to me out of the blue about something I wasn't paying attention to....So I finally don't pay attention to those people anymore, and all of a sudden, someone actually starts talking to me but I ignore them instead of getting the "I'm-on-a-very-important-call-that-will-make-your-life-insignificant-why-are-you-even-looking-at-me" look.....:nopity:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Secret Squirrel said:
There was this guy dressed in this 2,000 dollar suit yelling at this bush in my offices' lobby....I was like..."O.k.....I think the Merrill Lynch guy just blew a head gasket and went bananas..." Nope...he was yelling at his wife (or possibly ex...) about not picking up the dry cleaning....

I do that same thing, I always think someone's talking to me out of the blue about something I wasn't paying attention to....So I finally don't pay attention to those people anymore, and all of a sudden, someone actually starts talking to me but I ignore them instead of getting the "I'm-on-a-very-important-call-that-will-make-your-life-insignificant-why-are-you-even-looking-at-me" look.....:nopity:
I don't understand why the guy would stand in the office doing that. I dont' want everybody to hear my business.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
jdschall said:

Gah, my roommate did that all last year. He had those earpieces with the mic dangling from them. He would stand next to me and start talking, and I would start talking back without noticing he was on the phone. Plus, he was partially deaf, so half the time he didn't even notice I was talking back to him. It's a great way to bug the hell out of someone.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I was going to say digital music devices.... but then realized i just joined the clones. At least when people see my white earbuds they think Im cool and have an ipod. Little do they know, im not that much of a clone.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Here is another dumb fad
Asshole magnets! They've died out a bit though.

As for the handsfree; they're good for the car, but you look like a tool walking around with them in your ear in public. Just take it out when you leave your car. It's amazing how many people have to constantly be attached to their phones :rolleyes:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Guys that wear Girls Pants,

Oh..... and those little rubber bracelets everyone seems to be wearing these days. I think it started out with some sort of significant meaning, but the other day some guy at my work was wearing a baby blue one with a Nike swoosh symbol on it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I use a wired headset in my car, and if I HAVE to use it, I tell whoever else is in the car i'm going to take a quick call so they don't think i'm talking to them.

My dad has his phone on him all the time, and has a headset on most of the time. It's annoying as *$&#, especailly when he talks on the phone when we are out at a resturant and he doesn't get up from the table :stosh:

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Hmm.. funny story working in my bikeshop today a guy comes in to pick up his kids bike. I start talking 2 him low and behold i wasn't talking 2 him he was on one of those blue tooth things. What an asshole.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Do you carry it around while passing between college classes?
I piss in mine so I don't have to leave the tent. It is named "d'potty".

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm not sure if this has been said, but the dumbest fad EVER is the whole ugg boot with the mini skirt thing. Oh yeah, and cigarettes are just as bad too.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Li'l Dave said:
I'm not sure if this has been said, but the dumbest fad EVER is the whole ugg boot with the mini skirt thing.
i don't know...Ally Hilfiger looked pretty cute like that.

i have another fad, but it's not clothing related.

white girls/ guys talking in blackspeak/ ghettospeak. **** that's annoying. babe, your dad worked at ArthurAnderson, now works for the American Heart Association, your mom's a housewife, and you grew up in suburbia...it's not cute, or funny, when you talk like Lashonda.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Li'l Dave said:
I'm not sure if this has been said, but the dumbest fad EVER is the whole ugg boot with the mini skirt thing.
yes its quite an annoying fad, but when a girl with nice legs and a fine ass wears that getup im not complaining. :D

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Okay, I'll give ya that... but a hot butt in any clothes is always a good thing :) I'm a little sick of it here in Cali though, what are your feet frozen and your butt too hot or something, I mean come on, its 75 degress outside?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Li'l Dave said:
Okay, I'll give ya that... but a hot butt in any clothes is always a good thing :) I'm a little sick of it here in Cali though, what are your feet frozen and your butt too hot or something, I mean come on, its 75 degress outside?
well we have it the other way around. girls are wearing super short skirts when its 20 degrees out. if you are gonna do that, at least wear a thin top to let the high beams shine. :p