Quantcast

Duncon Akita vs Bottlerocket

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by BR andon, Feb 27, 2008.

1. BR andon

BR andon Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have been looking at the two bikes lately and price point has the akita fairly cheap right now im wondering if anyone has info on the Akita? ive checked duncons site and emailed them a couple times and besides them not actually having a dealer in the US it sounds like the Akita is comparable to the BR. I have watched the video of the Akita promo and havnt seen video of the BR hucking that big. If anyone has info on the bike or company would be greatly appreciated ive been looking through the internet for two days now and cant really find anything.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    275 / 1,018
    the BR is a burly bike. if you are looking for something that can take tons of abuse, that is what it will do. someone will have a link to the pic of the kid hitting an HUGE gap jump and landing short. the rear wheel came off the bike, but the rider was able to stay on and rode the bike out on the chainstays.

3. sittingduck

sittingduck Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Soul Cycles Matador might fit the bill. $745!

4. BR andon

BR andon Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Ive been looking at soul cycles also but the akita at price point is about a 100 dollars cheaper. Thats funny that you mention the matador i actually live like 15 miles from the soul cycle warehouse. well either way the bike im looking to build is a do it all, (mainly FR) bike and the burlier the better.

5. WODIE

WODIE Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I would say dont get the Akita. Nothing against the duncon cause i dont know anything about the bike company but the bottlerocket and matador do look burlier. you might be able to get the akita for 100 cheaper but i think paying the extra 100 would be worth every penny when every other rider you meet tells you they wish they had your bike (the br or mat). plus think about resell value if you were to ever sell your bike. like i said "who is duncon?" and then you have the transition which is in high demand

6. sittingduck

sittingduck Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Go to the warehouse and ask them if they will cut you a deal....

7. Broken_Spoke

Broken_Spoke Mr. Big Hot Pastrami

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    Another thing is that if the Akita breaks and there are no US dealers who is going to take care of your warranty claim?

8. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    275 / 1,018
    if burly is what you want, go transition. the akita is a 4cross bike.

9. BR andon

BR andon Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Yea i dont know about the whole 4x thing so i think ill just save up my money alittle bit more and work on getting a transition, thanks

10. jonnynails

jonnynails Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I forget where the link is to when kyle hit that, but i've stood on top of that sniper drop. It's a long way down, so for kyle not to break that BR in half says a lot. If you want something to huck the BR is not a bad choice. Just remember it's not a long travel bike at 5.5 inches, but it does ride like it has more.

11. bent^biker

bent^biker Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    the br can definitely take any abuse you can hand out, just look around the spectrum techwear gallery for pics. the matador looks sic too but I wouldn't do the akita, not having a us dealer is an issue as soon as you have a problem with it

12. Lumagent Morple

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Transition has a couple of large BRs on sale right now if you're looking for a deal...

13. ilikemybike011

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    ... $745 without a shock?