Quantcast

Duncon Akita vs Bottlerocket

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
I have been looking at the two bikes lately and price point has the akita fairly cheap right now im wondering if anyone has info on the Akita? ive checked duncons site and emailed them a couple times and besides them not actually having a dealer in the US it sounds like the Akita is comparable to the BR. I have watched the video of the Akita promo and havnt seen video of the BR hucking that big. If anyone has info on the bike or company would be greatly appreciated ive been looking through the internet for two days now and cant really find anything.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the BR is a burly bike. if you are looking for something that can take tons of abuse, that is what it will do. someone will have a link to the pic of the kid hitting an HUGE gap jump and landing short. the rear wheel came off the bike, but the rider was able to stay on and rode the bike out on the chainstays.

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
Ive been looking at soul cycles also but the akita at price point is about a 100 dollars cheaper. Thats funny that you mention the matador i actually live like 15 miles from the soul cycle warehouse. well either way the bike im looking to build is a do it all, (mainly FR) bike and the burlier the better.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
I would say dont get the Akita. Nothing against the duncon cause i dont know anything about the bike company but the bottlerocket and matador do look burlier. you might be able to get the akita for 100 cheaper but i think paying the extra 100 would be worth every penny when every other rider you meet tells you they wish they had your bike (the br or mat). plus think about resell value if you were to ever sell your bike. like i said "who is duncon?" and then you have the transition which is in high demand

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
Yea i dont know about the whole 4x thing so i think ill just save up my money alittle bit more and work on getting a transition, thanks

someone will have a link to the pic of the kid hitting an HUGE gap jump and landing short. the rear wheel came off the bike, but the rider was able to stay on and rode the bike out on the chainstays.
I forget where the link is to when kyle hit that, but i've stood on top of that sniper drop. It's a long way down, so for kyle not to break that BR in half says a lot. If you want something to huck the BR is not a bad choice. Just remember it's not a long travel bike at 5.5 inches, but it does ride like it has more.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
the br can definitely take any abuse you can hand out, just look around the spectrum techwear gallery for pics. the matador looks sic too but I wouldn't do the akita, not having a us dealer is an issue as soon as you have a problem with it