Quantcast

Dungeness/Gold Creek Friday

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
That's a great ride if you don't mind the climbs. I started at Gold Creek and finished w/ Dungeness trail. The Dungeness trail is the best part, and it flows better riding it opposite (IMO). Gold Creek is a good climb. Smooth but fairly steep.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ummbikes said:
What is the ride like?
a hateful hike a bike ending with a nice hobbit like spin thru the mossy woods. Forest road climb up to the top of Gold Creek, mostly downhill smooth descent on super high exposure.

It's not an epic but it's a hearty trail ride with alot of elevation gain.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Bikecrasher said:
That's a great ride if you don't mind the climbs. I started at Gold Creek and finished w/ Dungeness trail. The Dungeness trail is the best part, and it flows better riding it opposite (IMO). Gold Creek is a good climb. Smooth but fairly steep.
That's interesting, and while i'd be tempted to try that, i really despise losing elevation on forest road.

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
With the temperature inversion, the lower Greenwater / HWY 410 trails are in good shape. There was some blowdown on Skookum Flats, but otherwise still great riding.

Tracerboy

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
I'd be interested in doing lower Dungeness first, then the 3.something mi. fire road, then Gold Creek down..... Or Gold Creek up and down....but go down the fire road? No no no. When and where? I think the big loop (from the dead end) is something like 24 mi and takes 3 or 4 hours.