Quantcast

Duryea Downhill Race.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Whats the deal with this race? I know there is no chairlift, so is it shuttle serviced, or do we have to..... you know what :dead: .

Also, is there any practice on Sunday? I was thinking of just going up there Sunday morning with Price, would that be a good idea or should we go saturday as well.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Last year they had U-Haul trucks shuttling people up, it was awesome. It was the coolest race I've ever been to, definately go.

Unfortunately I have 4 exams next week including 2 on Monday, so I had to make a tough decision and I'll miss it this year.

Not happy.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Discostu said:
Last year they had U-Haul trucks shuttling people up, it was awesome. It was the coolest race I've ever been to, definately go.

Unfortunately I have 4 exams next week including 2 on Monday, so I had to make a tough decision and I'll miss it this year.

Not happy.
ummmmmm, school vs. biking. I know who always wins that fight for me. Where the hell is a good education gonna get you anyways?

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Cool ,fun race. The ride up the hill in peske trucks is a knar as the ride down. the new jumps are hot!!! the "airlines" will toss you a sphincter puchering 40+ feet if your doing the pro line. the last jump into the park has a hurling distance of over 30 feet with an endless transition. For the "normal " guys there are go arounds in all the hard parts including an 8' high or 3' high alternate line on "airlines" and a small 2 foot off camber jump into the park. there is a ton of give aways as well as some great surprises. don't forget the 140 steps around the pagota, the log garden,bunker jump, oh, and more steps to the finish line.!

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
teamkranzelbike said:
Cool ,fun race. The ride up the hill in peske trucks is a knar as the ride down. the new jumps are hot!!! the "airlines" will toss you a sphincter puchering 40+ feet if your doing the pro line. the last jump into the park has a hurling distance of over 30 feet with an endless transition. For the "normal " guys there are go arounds in all the hard parts including an 8' high or 3' high alternate line on "airlines" and a small 2 foot off camber jump into the park. there is a ton of give aways as well as some great surprises. don't forget the 140 steps around the pagota, the log garden,bunker jump, oh, and more steps to the finish line.!
Arrgh, so mad I'm gonna miss it. I just got new flat crowns for my 888 too and I can't test them for over week. Damn you college.