Quantcast

Duryea Downhill?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Anyone going? Anyone have any more info on the event? (local hotels, camping spots, etc)

I REALLY want to go, I've seen videos of the past years and have always wanted to make it, but something has always come up! (as i'm sure it will this year!)

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Anyone going? Anyone have any more info on the event? (local hotels, camping spots, etc)

I REALLY want to go, I've seen videos of the past years and have always wanted to make it, but something has always come up! (as i'm sure it will this year!)
Hey check out www.readingracing.com for a list of hotels and camping sites.

The Inn at Reading is going to be giving discounted rooms to racers. just mention that you are coming for the event. All the info on the inn at Reading is on the site.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
I went two years ago I forgot all about it last year. The course was pretty cool. You had to start off pedalling a up a slight incline then you start a going down a sketch little hill and jump off this wall then go down an old stone stair case that has close to a 90 degree bend in it then you went down a straight stair case into the ladder drops. One section close to the end they built a ladder over this steel cable fence then it felt like I was pointing straight down and you had to navigate around or over a log then right after that jump off a 2 to 3 foot wall onto a road. Then you had the big jump that people were landing at the bottom edge of the transition. Then you get to ride over a car or jum over it which ever you perfer. Damn now I have to go check it out again. You'll love riding up to the top in the back of big ryder truck with a bunch of sweaty guys in full armor bouncing off you :biggrin: