Quantcast

Duthie Hill

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Well, I thought I would go and check to see how far the trail builders at Duthie Hill had gotten with the connecting trail to grand ridge.

I start at the sign that says "trail" in the park and start riding back.
For the first mile, it was complete wetland. The water was 1 foot deep in some places, and the trail was very difficult to find. Eventually, I came to a random blue house out in the middle of nowhere... I continued to a gigantic meadow.

After poking around the meadow, I found about 5 different trails and old jeeper trails going out in different directions, as well as these weird brick markers that almost looked like firepits or gravemarkers... Was there a campsite here way back when?

I continued to the trail across from me- it was a jeep trail
I followed that for about a mile, and then I came to a windy road and gated houses. I doubled back and deceided to try another trail.
The second trail I took put me right behind the Mormon Church on Duthie Hill road. I deceided to just ride the road to grand ridge then.

At about 4:45 I ended up at the top of grand ridge, and rode down at mach speed listening to "Requiem for a Dream".... it was muddy in parts but fast and flowy- didnt need to use to brake much at all.

However, my question is about the Duthie Hill Park.... is the connecting trail completed and did I just miss it, or when will it be done?

I can see TONS of potential back there, but it just seems like its going to waste. I would be happy to put hours in back there if I could get in contact with a work party. I just don't understand why posts on this site date back to 2005 on this trail, and yet this trail still isnt completed...:pirate2:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
apparently not all the correct paperwork has been filed yet. there is supposed to be something going in there soon.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
25 days worth of work starts tomarow. From Duthie Hill the trail will cross Issaquah Fall City road. There's a pull out with a KC Parks sign on Issy FS road, that's where the trail will cross and where we were working from in October. Looks like they will be working from there now. Please keep in mind that the county doesn't want people riding fresh trail, you will have to wait till next winter.
For map of completed section.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/551226766aktmNx
For work parties.
http://wta.org/~wta/cgi-bin/wtaweb.pl?6+tt

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
Please keep in mind that the county doesn't want people riding fresh trail, you will have to wait till next winter.

OK, I must be a total moron.....what is wrong with riding fresh trail...isn't actually riding a trail the thing that gets it really dialed?...or again am I a total moron:imstupid:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
it can cause erosion and other bad voodoo if the trail isn't packed. then again, if its designed well that shouldn't be a big problem

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
wait so how far back does the trail that they built FROM grand ridge extend (the other side of the road from the trailhead down into issaquah)

edit- i mean currently