Quantcast

Duthie work-party on DWB line (Sunday 3/21)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
For those locals, semi-locals or even non-locals that won't be racing @ Beacon this weekend, most of us will be at Duthie to hopefully git 'er done. I would guess a couple/few of us will show up around 10am, but show up whenever you can...if you can. We should have enough tools, but if you have a "lucky shovel" it can come along as well.

A huge obstacle (aka - massive stump) finally got removed, so we basically need to fill a ginormous hole/impact crater. There's a lot of fill to the sides, but we're going to find other filler so we can wheelbarrow the extra dirt in the direction of our final feature. Some of that might get done during the week...hopefully??:shocked: Other than that, we still need to expand the landing for the Steepdown (the first biggie on the line) to the left. Once those things are done, we just have to do small, cosmetic touches and then put a done stamp on it...or have the powers-that-be do so.

We've gotten a lot of help from a decent amount of folks on this board alone and I/we are all grateful for your contributions. Thank you for helping us help ourselves which, in turn, helps you!

Apr 10, 2007
oohhh oooooh, if this is only phase 1 I can't imagine what phase 2 is going to look like. :eek:

Have you guys started scouting out new lines? Where is there room for additional lines?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Acutally, the next line we're going to do will be an intermediate one. We can build mellower stuff...seriously! I've heard there's going to be one between ours and Dirt Corps lines and another one somewhere near Zeb's...I'd guess there will be a couple more here and there as well.

Scotty had some energy left after yesterday somehow to get some wood fill deep in the crater, so less time/resources will need to be spent there on Sunday. We also scoped the area out for the Steepdown wing addition.

I think a few folks will be out there later today (Tuesday) to up-pimp the 2nd jump on our line as well. The 1st one got some love yesterday and runs like a champ!

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
again props to that line! huge thanks for building it.
It's not everyday that i can make it out there, but that line rules.

I love taking that berm high and eating all the braking bumps :D

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Any plans on reforming the lip of the last jump? Since it was made it always seemed a little abrupt..

-Ryan

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
freakin AWSOME!

now we just need to convince the powers that be that there needs to be some real dirt jumps built. you know, style jumps not free ride jumps.

DIRT JUMPS!
:D

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
as a side note. anyone know what they are going to do about parking?!?
they put rocks all over the duthie hill parking lot so now there are less spots.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
We got the extension to the steep down landing 70% done on wed. Just need to top it off with dirt and add more to the end of it.

I guess we need to dial in the legand before building the end jump.

If we got a lot of people perhaps we could blaze the hike trail on riders left of our line...., keeping it as close to our line as possible.

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
freakin AWSOME!

now we just need to convince the powers that be that there needs to be some real dirt jumps built. you know, style jumps not free ride jumps.

DIRT JUMPS!
:D
nope not gonna happend. no one does that around hear.

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
FYI - I am pretty certain there will be a couple DJ lines built as part of phase 2. They will run along the edge of the clearing. Riders right if you are rolling down the clearing. Chatting with Mike it seems like the goal was to have 3 or 4 progressively bigger lines. If this gets you stoked....chat with Mike next time you are out there and make sure you get on the work parties that build them.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
nope not gonna happend. no one does that around hear.
I'm going to agree with you on this one.

I keep hearing all kinds of excuses but I think the real reason is exactly what you stated.

not enough people dirt jumping, too many people free-riding/XC'ing.

where are the dirt jumps, Damien? :D

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
not enough people building dirt jumps, more people building free-ride / XC trails.
Fixed it for ya. :)

AFAIK, there are lots of people who would love hitting dj's, but a lot of them are building other lines. Good opportunity for some dirt jumpers to step up, perhaps?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
So...

Be sure to do a walk-thru the next time you're on our line. There's new work all over the place. 2nd jump up top will soon have an optional side-booter that can be transferred big-to-small or small-to-big sides. It's a work-in-progress, so you'll have to take the normal line for now. The Steepdown (1st big stepdown after the rollers) has a much wider landing, so you can hit it with speed and have somewhere to land that isn't flat. It needs to pack in a little more, but is essentially ready for action. The Legend is getting reworked and should be up-and-running some time tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks to all that helped us today - not a huge showing, per se, but enough to being dangerously close to finishing the line very soon!!!

jid2

Chimp
May 4, 2007
Auburn - Redmond, WA
I drive past Duthie every day on my way home from work, I can't believe how good things look out there. It's cool to have these types of trails fully legit and close to the area. This is changing the kind of trails I want to ride. I used to just like hard-core downhill trails, but it's too hard to always be driving long distances to go ride them. I'm kinda over it, and would be totally happy to just go session Duthie on the way home from work.

So - good by Sunday we had some good times, anyone looking for a Sunday it's fo_sale tell your friends. Time to get a new 6" bike!

Hopefully parking can get up-sized. It's starting to spill onto the street every nice day.