Quantcast

DVO Suspension - potential new player?

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
So now I take it all the keys members of Marzocchi USA are moving towards or are already at DVO?...

This does not look good for Marzocchi in the states/north america. Its weird given how back in April/May when the news broke out of Tenneco selling Marz and Suntour dropping the Marz contract, that everyone at Marzocchi USA was confident of the brand living on. Now all the guys that were confident are now moving on the something else... I hate to say it because I honestly love the brand, I think Marzocchi are in deeper sh!t then they show...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Its weird given how back in April/May when the news broke out of Tenneco selling Marz and Suntour dropping the Marz contract, that everyone at Marzocchi USA was confident of the brand living on. Now all the guys that were confident are now moving on the something else...
im sure they were all just putting their corporate game faces on and playing the game until something came up for the employees

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Eh, I'm sure they'll still be fine. They've already got a new mfg. for their forks. Their current product lineup is still really solid. Their rear shocks are dated for sure, but they are still the most reliable and robust fork by a large margin. Let's hope they can recover. Although if they can't, the DVO stuff is going to be awesome.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I just read that Hodaka will be manufacturing Zokies. SO much for hoping production would go back to Italy.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I just read that Hodaka will be manufacturing Zokies. SO much for hoping production would go back to Italy.
with Tenneco purportedly hurting, that was probably the last place theyd be mfg'd. they did move production out of Italy a few years ago for a reason.

MARZOCCHI ANNOUNCES FORK PRODUCTION AGREEMENT WITH TAIWAN

HODAKA INDUSTRIAL CO.
Hodaka to produce 2013 model year mountain bike forks, beginning in October Marzocchi takes steps to further improve customer service.

Bologna, Italy, July 12, 2012 – Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) today announced that Taiwanese mountain bike and component manufacturer Hodaka will manufacture Marzocchi mountain bike forks, beginning in October of this year. Hodaka currently manufactures rear shocks for Marzocchi.

“I am delighted with this agreement that further strengthens our successful business relationship with Hodaka,” said Pablo Perez Perseo, general manager, Marzocchi. “The decision to continue fork assembly in Taiwan enables us to increase our presence in this key manufacturing region and maintain proximity with critical component suppliers. This decision is part of our ongoing strategies to improve manufacturing efficiency, flexibility and quality with the goal of growing the mountain bike business and continuing Marzocchi’s position as a leading provider of high performance forks and shocks.”

Marzocchi will share its Tenneco world-class business processes in supply chain management, industrialization and distribution with Hodaka to help flex production according to market requirements, and shorten time to market as part of its commitment to product quality, availability and reliability.

The company also announced the appointment of Anthony Trujillo as sales and product manager for the U.S., Canada and South America as part of a reorganization of its commercial operations in these critically important markets. Trujillo joins Marzocchi from X-Fusion where he was engineering and product manager. He brings more than 14 years’ experience in the mountain bike industry, nine years of which were spent as a suspension engineer at Fox Racing Shox.

“The addition of Trujillo to our global team aligns with our philosophy of designing, developing and testing the most innovative, state-of-the-art, reliable and high-performance forks available on the mountain bike market,” Perseo Perez added. “Marzocchi has some very exciting products for MY2013 that respond to evolving customer needs and market trends.”

About Marzocchi
Marzocchi was founded in 1949 in Bologna, Italy and designs and manufactures motor bike and mountain bike suspensions. The company was acquired by Tenneco in 2008.

About Tenneco
Tenneco is a $7.2 billion global manufacturing company with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois and approximately 24,000 employees worldwide. Tenneco is one of the world’s largest designers, manufacturers and marketers of emission control and ride control products and systems for the automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment markets and the aftermarket. Tenneco markets its products principally under the Monroe®, Walker® and Clevite® Elastomer brand names.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
Saw a van wrapped with DVO suspension decals in the Northstar lot today, and a few people with DVO jerseys. Didn't see any new product though, but I didn't get a very close look. I'd imagine they are going to burst on the scene quickly. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Nah, they weren't on DVO stuff. It's still a few months away from proto stuff. They have hinted that it will be a very robust platform, so hopefully nothing like a boxxer or 40. I also have a feeling their might be an inverted design in the works.

Last edited:

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
A reply from them to the pinkbike article:

DVOSuspension (Jul 24, 2012 at 8:13)
"In many ways, inverted dual crown forks are really the best way to go. Keep your eyes peeled on the new DVO products, we just may offer something like that!"

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
A reply from them to the pinkbike article:

DVOSuspension (Jul 24, 2012 at 8:13)
"In many ways, inverted dual crown forks are really the best way to go. Keep your eyes peeled on the new DVO products, we just may offer something like that!"
i saw that too and i got giddy

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that sounds cool, and is likely the only way they could manufacture a fork in the US (if that's even a possibility) and keep prices competitve.

I like USD forks too, so there's that.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Are all these guys the ones behind the push for the prototype "new" shiver that we saw a few months ago?
Excited to see what they come up with!

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Are all these guys the ones behind the push for the prototype "new" shiver that we saw a few months ago?
Excited to see what they come up with!
Interested to hear what Marzocchis lawyers think about the intellectual property of 'new' stuff that DVO come up with that mirrors stuff they worked on at Marzocchi.

More suspension players = good IMO.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Interested to hear what Marzocchis lawyers think about the intellectual property of 'new' stuff that DVO come up with that mirrors stuff they worked on at Marzocchi.

More suspension players = good IMO.
If these guys left on bad terms Tenneco could lock them up in courts on stuff like intellectual property and it would be a drop in the bucket for their in-house legal team.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
As much as the idea of a proper, robust inverted fork gets me hard, a "Chevy" you might say. I think what peaks my interest more is what they might do for rear shocks. There's nothing really perfect out there right now. Roco is robust, but rebound stroke blows, CCDB isn't reliable enough, Elka's are a pain to work on. RC4's are pretty close, but I hate fox for no good reason. Well actually I think the Revox is damn good too. People seem to hate on it for no reason though.

I hope they can make the perfect one. They haven't released and teasers about that though.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
what issues have you seen with them? I had a slight leak on my main seal head on one damper which was replaced under warranty before I sold it. but the three I've had, have pretty much been solid
Leaking adjuster seals, leaking main seals, bending shafts. They do seem to fix them without any hassle though, which is nice.

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
As much as the idea of a proper, robust inverted fork gets me hard, a "Chevy" you might say. I think what peaks my interest more is what they might do for rear shocks. There's nothing really perfect out there right now. Roco is robust, but rebound stroke blows, CCDB isn't reliable enough, Elka's are a pain to work on. RC4's are pretty close, but I hate fox for no good reason. Well actually I think the Revox is damn good too. People seem to hate on it for no reason though.

I hope they can make the perfect one. They haven't released and teasers about that though.
Not a single issue with X-Fusion Vectors..

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006

avalanche, yo