Quantcast

DW DHR Spotted....

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006

From Vail Lake... sorry if this is a repost.... pretty cool to see that they're actually out there already though.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Im guessing he knows Dave....or is so badass that he can wear sunnies and a helmet made by Bell.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Turner spent all their money buying a real suspension design so this is all they could afford in the rider department...

:cupidarrow:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
jeez you guys are so critical!

maybe he wears prescription glasses and the can't wear goggles? at least he's wearing a FF helmet - who cares if it's a Giro, Bell or TLD? maybe he's fast, maybe he's slow...who cares at least he's out there riding and that's what important.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Turner spent all their money buying a real suspension design so this is all they could afford in the rider department...

:cupidarrow:
Don't think heat treating is in the budget anymore either. Maybe that's extra.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I wear glasses under my goggles when I ride. I use Oakley L-frames and they fit over the arms of the glasses perfectly with no interference. This is just because I get way too lazy to order more contacts.

He can be out there riding and enjoying himself but something kinda says he's not quite testing the limits of the bike the same way the competing WC riders will be...

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
He can be out there riding and enjoying himself but something kinda says he's not quite testing the limits of the bike the same way the competing WC riders will be...
you don't need to be a WC level racer to give valuable feedback. Do you think all the R&D guys at RS, Fox, Intense, etc.. are all World Cup lever racers?

I also know super fast racers that are worthless when it comes to giving input or feedback.

give the guy in the picture a break..

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
WC rider feedback and testing is invaluable for sure, but this guy certainly more closely represents the everage person who will buy a DHR so his testing is going to be taken into account too. If all the dh bikes sold were based on geoometry and suspension settings from the wc riders most people would hate the bikes; mostly because the bikes are not always comfortable to ride even at wc speeds let alone average racer speed.

clearly the guy has a connection to turner, much like many of the other amateur riders who have connections in the industry or work for a company and end up with pre-production and prototype stuff months before everyone else. nothing unusual going on here at all; remember who had the first prototype Dorado forks more than a year ago, long before any factory guys or local pros?

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
How does a dude wearing sunnies with a fullface get to race a new Turner before anybody else?

Whats wrong with wearing Sunnies for DH? You do know there are Sunnies made for riding right? Maybe like hte ones I wear that have the padding on the inside so they work just like goggles<well maybe not just like>. Nothing wrong with that, I am in fact more comfy wearing My riding glasses than I am wearing goggles.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
you don't need to be a WC level racer to give valuable feedback. Do you think all the R&D guys at RS, Fox, Intense, etc.. are all World Cup lever racers?

I also know super fast racers that are worthless when it comes to giving input or feedback.

Not sure if it's changed, but Rennie was one of those guys for years. Getting some new cranks a few years ago went something like this:
"Am i gonna break it?"
"No"
"Good enough"

He was always one of those guys who just rode the piss out of whtever was put in front of him. I'm sure that's changed as he's gotten a little older and experienced, but there are plenty of lightning fast guys with similar approaches. great racers for sure, but not great testers.

but i think the point that's being missed is that an average guy has a DHR and some people on here are feeling a little jealous. He may be wearing sunnies, but he's still got one of the most talked about bikes for '09 and you don't.

Last edited:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Regardless I am still mega psyched to get my hands on one of those bikes when I can. Although I will not let go of my Sunday, I am really looking forward to ride what Turner and DW made.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
that is one of Dave's sons racing this past weekend at Vail Lake.....he is not fat either....

someone may be fat but you might be ugly and they could lose weight!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Based on the gentleman's color coordination (or lack thereof! :biggrin:) in his kit, I can quantitatively say that I am 7.82 seconds faster then him on the track. I should be riding that bike.

But seriously, I agree with acadian, let the guy ride it and have fun, you don't need to smack talk him because he has one and you don't.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants

Agreed. I've heard a lot of people say they love whatever they happen to be riding... either because they get it for free through a sponsorship, and they feel obligated to say so, or because they payed a grip for it, and convince themselves that they must like it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
someone may be fat but you might be ugly and they could lose weight!
Ha, that reminds me....
I was in a bad car wreck in high school where I got put through a windsheild. 9 hours of surgery on my face and mouth.
So, one evening in the hospital, my room had about half of the school in there, and this ugly nurse walks in with a disgusted look on her face and says,
"Eeewwww, it looks like a big cat got ahold of you!"
And I said, "Yeah, but these wounds are gonna heal up and you but you are going to look like that forever."
Must have been the morphine talking. :busted:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I like whatever I happen to be riding because riding bikes is fun. That said, I'd probably like a shiny new dhr better than whatever I happen to be riding because riding blingin bikes is probably more fun.

I say more because I've never actually owned a blingin bike before. :D

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I like whatever I happen to be riding because riding bikes is fun. That said, I'd probably like a shiny new dhr better than whatever I happen to be riding because riding blingin bikes is probably more fun.

I say more because I've never actually owned a blingin bike before. :D
Shouldn't the emphasis be on probably? Not to nitpick here, it just makes more sense that. :brows:

dondon

Monkey
This thread represents what's wrong with mountain biking and people today. Their have been countless posts speculating when the new DHR will be rideable etc. Now when a pic is posted more people are concerned about fashion and trying to score cool RM "humor" points. Typical. NEVER mind the fact that the bike is being brought one step closer to final production.

I also rode the bike at Vail lake that weekend, but since i am not a highly paid pro i will not bother to give my thoughts here on RM. Clearly it will not be considered relevant and never mind the fact that DW himself was riding the bike all day SAT, he certainly won't be able to give himself any feedback because he is not a pro racer!

What' even better the first smart ass comment came from "lumpy gravy" with 11 posts.

Dave let me pedal that bike around the pits. It felt good, obviously it was just a parking lot test. If you all would of hopped on planes and came out to race EC's new venue you would of too. I got to ride it and you didn't so nana nana nana and neenner neener!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This thread represents what's wrong with mountain biking and people today. Their have been countless posts speculating when the new DHR will be rideable etc. Now when a pic is posted more people are concerned about fashion and trying to score cool RM "humor" points. Typical. NEVER mind the fact that the bike is being brought one step closer to final production.

I also rode the bike at Vail lake that weekend, but since i am not a highly paid pro i will not bother to give my thoughts here on RM. Clearly it will not be considered relevant and never mind the fact that DW himself was riding the bike all day SAT, he certainly won't be able to give himself any feedback because he is not a pro racer!

What' even better the first smart ass comment came from "lumpy gravy" with 11 posts.
Welcome to the internet. It was designed for ass-hattery. Don't let those theoretical physicists fool you. Yea, it was a nice way for them to share information, but what they were really looking for was a way to rip on each other in real time.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Chill out. Ppl know nothing about the bike so what about they should talk? Expect 10 lists like "hey cool bike" ? Ppl actualy meant no pun but as long as there is no info besides the photo they commenent on what they see.

BTW. I think many ppl would appreciate if you changed your mind about the review.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
The worst part is, I didn't even score any RM funny points, just some sort of grammar beat down by someone who speaks proper english.

I think most people on here were just butthurt that they didnt get to ride it too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The worst part is, I didn't even score any RM funny points, just some sort of grammar beat down by someone who speaks proper english.

I think most people on here were just butthurt that they didnt get to ride it too.
no one liked my garbageman joke either :poster_oops:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
No, everyone is wrong here except me.

All my gear matches and I adhere to the fullface/goggle-openface/sunnies rule.