Quantcast

DW/Kinesis?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Don't know if this Frame has been shown here yet or not. Found it on the PinkBike site. Looks as if Kinesis is building a DW link bike or something like it. Thought you guys may want to see it.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Talked to Kinesis about that bike and the dw-link patents a long time ago. They have confirmed that won't be offering that frame for sale. It is intended to show their manufacturing capability.

klamsi

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
well...i think it will be sam hills next wc bike.....:beerjam:

looks really interesting...

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
wouldn't it make more sense to show your manufacturing capabilities with a product you are actually going to sell?

but nevertheless looks good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Talked to Kinesis about that bike and the dw-link patents a long time ago. They have confirmed that won't be offering that frame for sale. It is intended to show their manufacturing capability.
I have no doubt as to the accuracy of this statement. It just boggles my mind that a company would do something like this...

"hey! look what we can build! and you can never ever buy it! (from us)"

:imstupid:

or should it be, "hey look, we can copy any bike on the market" ?

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
That's just too bad. Looks Flexy anyways. :monkeydance:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Looks more like a DH version of the Felt Equilink system to me.

I think some of you guys would be horrified to realise some of the brands Kinesis make bikes for.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have no doubt as to the accuracy of this statement. It just boggles my mind that a company would do something like this...

:imstupid:

or should it be, "hey look, we can copy any bike on the market" ?
Same as the car industry. They put fancy prototypes all the time.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Same as the car industry. They put fancy prototypes all the time.
the chevy avalanche still disappoints me to this day...the original concept vehicle was #1 on my do spoo list.

Oh...to think, now I'll be able to get an Avalanche with that cool ass hybrid engine soon....oh wait, nevermind...it looks like a pimp's nightmare these days!!!:disgust1:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
the chevy avalanche still disappoints me to this day...the original concept vehicle was #1 on my do spoo list.

Oh...to think, now I'll be able to get an Avalanche with that cool ass hybrid engine soon....oh wait, nevermind...it looks like a pimp's nightmare these days!!!:disgust1:
Here you go bro, this one is cheap...

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO

I think some of you guys would be horrified to realise some of the brands Kinesis make bikes for.
Same here but I'm pretty sure thats just a brace link put in there to triangulate the rear. It could be to eek out a shorter CS length possibly. It doesn't look like it would modify the rate or act as a "5 bar" linkage and with the construction of the rear it doesnt look like it could move unless you wanted to fatigue it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
GOOD I RACED ON A SUNDAY FOR A SEASON DID NOT LIKE IT THE DW LINK WAS AWSOME BUT GEO DID NOT SUITE MY RIDING STYLE PLUS I RODE A SMALL WITCH IS ****. CANT WATE TO SEE THE NEW DW BIKE SO OVER IORN HORSE AND THERE STUFF
Easy on the capslock buddy, you don't have to yell!:imstupid:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

It ended like this for some bikes...

Anyway imho the bike is very ugly. It may ride great but looks cheap.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand

Yeah I was thinking Felt, makes sense to me for them to make a bike like that since they make bikes for so many other companies it shows everyone what they're capable of so when a brand has a crazy new design they need made they'll know kinesis is up to the task.