Quantcast

dw-link Symposium at Interbike

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Someone asked a question in another thread, I figured it would be nice to share this with everyone.

After almost 5 years, the cat is finally going to be let out of the bag. The public full, in-depth dw-link discussion will happen at Interbike this year, 2 times.

The dw-link symposium times are set up for 2PM on Wednesday and Thursday at booth 2049. There will be several people talking about the system and their uses, and I will be doing the technical description.

It should be a lot of fun, and I know more than a few people have been looking forward to this snce the first Hollowpoints shipped in late 2002.

I encourage any of you who will be at the show to come by, check it out and introduce yourselves! I promise that it will be interesting, have lots of cool visual features, and most of all, I promise it to be honest and accurate to the laws of physics.

See you there!

Dave

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Will there be video or equaivalent descriptions available online for those who can't make it to Interbike?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
dw said:
After almost 5 years, the cat is finally going to be let out of the bag. The public full, in-depth dw-link discussion will happen at Interbike this year, 2 times.
What, is everyone going to learn DW-Link is really a government mind control device?

haha, sounds like a cool thing to see. Im with BV, will this info also be available later?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
binary visions said:
Will there be video or equaivalent descriptions available online for those who can't make it to Interbike?
Yup, the first iteration of the new dw-link.com goes live on Wednesday.

There will be all kinds of cool stuff, just a few more days! woohoo!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
oly said:
What, is everyone going to learn DW-Link is really a government mind control device?

haha, sounds like a cool thing to see. Im with BV, will this info also be available later?
shhhhhhhhh!

Gone are the days of less dw-link info than people want. The 3I's (Iron Horse, Independent Fabrication, Ibis) are teaming up to spread the word. 3 small and different companies working together will be a good thing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dw said:
shhhhhhhhh!

Gone are the days of less dw-link info than people want. The 3I's (Iron Horse, Independent Fabrication, Ibis) are teaming up to spread the word. 3 small and different companies working together will be a good thing.
What about BMC? Are they releasing the DW bike in the US?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dw said:
shhhhhhhhh!

ibis?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Too bad I'm not going to Interbike this year :(

can't wait to watch the video or live feed!!!

EDIT: Dave - make sure you get in touch with Radek - he might be able to help with some filming :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dw said:
shhhhhhhhh!

IF making a DW-link suspension bike? That could be :drool:

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
dw said:
Someone asked a question in another thread, I figured it would be nice to share this with everyone.
Shoot, I thought this was a sneak peak at a 6" dw-link bike, and it had been named Symposium for some reason. :) LOL

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
binary visions said:
So, DW, does this mean that the patents you've been waiting for have been granted?
No, but the examiner assures us (my attorneys and I) that the issue is imminent. Can't wait. It doesn't matter at this point. All is covered.

Dave

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dw said:
No, but the examiner assures us (my attorneys and I) that the issue is imminent. Can't wait. It doesn't matter at this point. All is covered.
Excellent. Congratulations in advance, sounds like a tremendous amount of hard work and money that's finally coming to a head. Must feel great.

:thumb:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
IBIS is one of the 3 companies that are licensed to use dw-link. I am psyched to be involved with asuch a storied brand and their comeback. They are going to make a big splash. Wait until you guy see this bike. Here is what I am authorized to say:

1) Its a dw-link enduro trail bike that can be built up for XC trail or All mountain trail use.
2) Its light as all heck
3) It has some majorly sexy lines
4) They spent about $300,000 on the development of the frame

All else will be revealed at Interbike!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
peyto said:
where did IBIS get $300,000 to develop a frame? They must be planning quite a comeback to sink that much $$$ into it....
that's how much the owner's marin 2-car garage has appreciated in the last 30 days (see: bay area housing market)

btw, complete joke, I know nothing of the owner or the comeback... I just know that the housing here continues to rise @ ridiculous rates... and a detached 2-car garage will often add about 300K to the price of a house around here ;)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
glad to see ibis making a comeback... is that castellano's company? that guy reminds me of you a bit dw

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
damn just saw this...

i hope that everyone (including Dave!) likes the outcome of what i worked on for him to show at Interbike!! ;)

Should actually be playing right about.............now