Quantcast

DW-link to Ellsworth!

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Found this on www.ellsworthbicycles.com

Ellsworth is proud to announce its partnership with Dave Weagle of e.thirteen for the coming years, bringing renowned Ellsworth quality together with high-performance DW-link suspension. Ellsworth holds a DW-link licence as of the 2009 model year.

Tony Ellsworth, owner and proprietor of Ellsworth Bicycles, had this to say:
"I am psyched to have Dave aboard, he brings a wealth of technical knowledge with him that will no doubt improve our product lineup to the point where there simply is no question - if you want the best, this is it. His technical acumen coupled with our legendary build quality and after-sales backup will ensure that each and every one of our customers will be blown away by their new rides."

DW-link Ellsworths will be available as of April 1, 2009. The 2008 model year will be the last to feature our ICT suspension, which is still the market leader in marketing.
April Fools!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Probably the whole Pinkbike fell for it and now dream about DW Dare.

BTW. It would be a good joke if it would end up true ;)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I'm surprised to see an AF joke like that on the actual Ellsworth site. Seems a bit liable.
Ellsworth is ruining the good name of the DW link by association!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm surprised to see an AF joke like that on the actual Ellsworth site. Seems a bit liable.
Ellsworth is ruining the good name of the DW link by association!
Given the announcement on the Evil Bikes website, I think perhaps DW and Tony had a liquid lunch one day and one of them said, "Hey, I've got a great idea!"

:D

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Anyone else find it Ironic their Dare bike comes with Kenda tires...but they say it was proven geometry by the Maxxis team?

"Nine inches of travel and race proven geometry by Team Maxxis on closed course downhills make this a pure downhill machine."

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
"Nine inches of travel and race proven geometry by Team Maxxis on closed course downhills make this a pure downhill machine."
as opposed to those crazy open course chinese downhills...

I don't think a company should be allowed to claim race proven unless a team runs them for more than one season, otherwise it was just race tested. :poster_oops:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If this did happen, it would have to be at least 150% efficient, because Tony Ellsworth has already claimed that his ICT linkage is 100% efficient.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Looks like a 7 point to me. Why switch to new company if all DW bikes will look the same? I know it may ride differently but it'll still be just a new 7 ponint.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
You guys realize that you are replying to someone's April fools day joke, right???

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You guys realize that you are replying to someone's April fools day joke, right???
DW we hope so. First when I saw the bike topic I was "Ellsworth is the company everybody would want to see DW link as Dave suggested"(or sth like that - bad memory during exam session). You just made me feel better ;)

Jun 10, 2008
Minnesota
Haha i like that it was written so well that i read it and was very suprised before I realized it was a joke. the first in market for marketing gave it away

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
"Race Proven by Team Maxxis"

More like, Luke Strobel broke 4 of them before he realized they were such poo that he went back to his old turner frame.

Hmmmm, I wonder why Team Maxxis switched to Ironhorse??

Answer?

Because they got baited in to riding Ellsworths in the first place because they thought they were going to have DW links because of this post. When they realized the debouchary they switched to Ironhorse.
Duh.