Quantcast

e.13 on sx trail

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
has anyone mounted an lg1 on their sx frame? im pretty sure mine could use a wide angle back plate. anyone have a wide angle on theirs?

the problem is when the suspension squats, the chain rubs the top of the top guide, and the top guide is not at 12 o'clock over the spindle. i also had to shave down the inner, lower plate just to get the right tension.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Direct from the E-13 website.......imagine that

Enduro Series

Use SRS.W44 backplate if available.
May need to trim lower inner wearplate. Use a 1mm BB spacer between the BB shell and the ISCG adapter plate.

See Setup Instructions

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
has anyone mounted an lg1 on their sx frame? im pretty sure mine could use a wide angle back plate. anyone have a wide angle on theirs?

the problem is when the suspension squats, the chain rubs the top of the top guide, and the top guide is not at 12 o'clock over the spindle. i also had to shave down the inner, lower plate just to get the right tension.

Do you already have a wide angle back plate installed?

Off the top of my head a W44 ISCG old pattern or W40 ISCG Old pattern should do the trick. Kyle Strait has not had any issues with his LG1 or SRS on his SX frames.

Feel free to contact us directly with any questions. support@e13components.com or 978.537.9313
OR check out the fit chart at our website.

Thanks,

Michael
e.thirteen

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I did not need a different back plate for my sxt. You have to trim all the excess plastic off the lower plate, and elongate the iscg holes with a dremel (carefully).

Like shown in red:

The chainstay drops reeeaeaaally far on the sxt, so you need to trim and rotate to get it to clear without messing things up.

*edit*
Oh, and add 1mm washers between the iscg tabs and the guide.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
^had to do the same thing to get an e.13 on a buddy's bighit.

Kind of frustrating.

You could also just run a gamut. Those fit on just fine without any mods.
I partially blame specialized for not clocking their iscg tabs enough while dropping the chainstay so low. Slight modification to both of these would make it a non-issue.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I partially blame specialized for not clocking their iscg tabs enough while dropping the chainstay so low.
I agree. But if gamut can do it, maybe there's a better whole config.

I had no problems getting an e.13 on my demo 8 from this year....so specialized is at least capable of doing it right. Not sure why they drop the chainstay so much on other bikes.

FWIW, I just stuck a DRS on my demo 7 with no problems.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I agree. But if gamut can do it, maybe there's a better whole config.

I had no problems getting an e.13 on my demo 8 from this year....so specialized is at least capable of doing it right. Not sure why they drop the chainstay so much on other bikes.

FWIW, I just stuck a DRS on my demo 7 with no problems.
Just to clarify,

The W44 and W40 backplates are available directly from QBP etc.. THe standard LG1 and SRS have a narrower angle than the Gamut and therefore the lower idler on the stock SRS and LG1 is tucked up higher and out of harm's way on bikes that can use it.

No clue why Specialized is still using the old ISCG, but it illustrates EXACTLY why that "standard" should have never made it off the drawing board as is.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I did not need a different back plate for my sxt. You have to trim all the excess plastic off the lower plate, and elongate the iscg holes with a dremel (carefully).

Like shown in red:

The chainstay drops reeeaeaaally far on the sxt, so you need to trim and rotate to get it to clear without messing things up.

*edit*
Oh, and add 1mm washers between the iscg tabs and the guide.
I would not recommend modifying the LG1 in that manner. The W40 and W44 backplates work great without modification.