Quantcast

E-13 ss+

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

"Once again, e*thirteen has pushed the limits of new technologies, and through advancing stamped steel manufacturing produced the most technologically advanced price-point chain retention system ever conceived." ---
Words by Jason Mikolayunas

In a tireless effort to perfect chain retention systems across the board e*thirteen components has once again raised the standard by which all other chainguides are judged. As the industry leader in chain retention, e*thirteen realizes the importance of making advanced technologies more accessible to budget conscious riders and racers. We believe that a recessed world economy should not be a barrier to enjoying the sports of downhill riding and racing (or even freechucking), and we're proving it!

e*thirteen’s new SS+ guide is the second generation of the already popular SS backplate design. Following in the footprints of its big brother, the SS+ leverages the strength and reliability that helped the SRS+ win the 2009 UCI DH World Cup overall into a cost effective package that beginning riders will appreciate.

This groundbreaking design was shaped by hundreds of hours of engineering and analysis. Once again, e*thirteen has pushed the limits of new technologies, and through advancing stamped steel manufacturing produced the most technologically advanced pricepoint chain retention system ever conceived.

After having been tested on our own bikes and the World Cup circuit for over a year the SS+ has proven to be just as strong and reliable as the SRS+ retention system, and at a meager 258 grams the SS+ is by far the lightest full-bashguard retention system at its price point. The SS+’s weight is less than almost all of our competitions top end aluminum chainguides!

Affordable, reliable, lightweight chain retention has been born. The old adage “Cheap, light and strong – you can only pick two” has just been deleted.

SS+ Chain Retention System

* Uses World Cup winning SRS+ guide design

· Fixed position wear-plates for simple, no-hassle setup

· Includes impact-flexure design Turbocharger Bashguard

· 32-36T chainring capacity

· High tensile chrome-moly steel backplate

* Anti-corrosion nickel-chrome plated

· New Tech 3 Stealth Idler

· 258 grams light! Super strong and super light!! And crazy awesome!!!

· $89.95 MSRP

Trust the Security of an e*thirteen, anything else is just a chainguide.

http://e13components.com/

Attachments

Last edited:

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Damn! sub $100 e13 chain guide??? Looks killer and lbs lighter than the srs and supercharger...which i think is awesome...but this one really does look "new and improved" ...all that tech and moving parts as well...and it's cheaper than a direct mount stem????

In his hammered economy, at least SOMEBODY is trying to bring down the cost of this ludicrously expensive sport!!!!

E13 rules!!!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
WOW... Congrats Dave. You have done it once again!!
I'm almost tempted to replace my SRS bash ring with one of these guys.

Maybe I can even save it while there is a little bit of the "EVIL" logo on it. ;)

Mad Props!!