Quantcast

e.13 SuperCharger Bash

M-1

Chimp
Oct 30, 2004
Helsingborg, SE
Hey.

I'm buying a SuperCharger Bash for my SRS chainstay. Here's the question. Do anybody know what "mm" that fits my Gemini DH with XTR crankset with 42 teeth and 175mm. Is "5-Bolt 94mm 42t Black" the right size?

Thankful for fast answer :heart:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
By "what mm" I assume your question is about the bolt pattern, not the 'tooth size' (36t, 42t, whatever...). There are 4-bolt 104mm, 5-bolt 110mm, and 5-bolt 94mm patterns. You have to tell us which you're running; we can't guess from here.

What spider are you running on the cranks? They're interchangable..."normal" xtr is a 112mm/4 bolt pattern which no one makes a bashguard for (totally unique to old XTR cranks)...as you're running a 42 ring, I assume you have a different spider on there (XTR big rings were 44t from what I recall), and I'm guessing 5-bolt, because you're mentioning a 5 bolt 94mm.

So determine if it's a 94 or a 110mm pattern. This measurement is the measurement of the diameter of the circle that could theoretically be drawn through all the bolts on your spider. Should be obvious, but I suppose you could measure the distance from the center of your crankbolt to the center of a chainring bolt, then double it...

MD

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, looks like you have a 20mm bolt circle from that picture. I measured it with my ruler.

Seriously, WE CAN'T TELL YOU. YOU HAVE TO GO MEASURE IT. And there is no standard size. 110mm used to be the most common, now 94mm seems to be, but there's no one standard. Don't take a gamble and guess. Measure it. If that's too hard for you, you're in the wrong sport...

You're welcome.

MD

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
M-1 said:
What I've heard 94 is "standard" size?

Here's a picture that might help.

That's definitely a 5-110. You'll need a 5-110 42T bash ring. Our part number is SPC-42-110C/B ('C' for clear; 'B' for black).

Hope this helps,

John

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
good thing thats a 110. and not that 112 xtr crap. and if that was a 5bolt 94, i don't think evil is making anymore of that size. .....