Quantcast

e*13 Turbocharger on a DRS?

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Just a quick question will the new Turbocharger bashring work with a DRS? I thought it would have but I was just looking on go rides web site and it says “Not compatible with pre-09 E-13 chain guides “

Cheers

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
if it says it wouldn't then why would it?
Because its only a Bashring and I can not see why it wouldn’t work. It was only go ride’s site that said that it wasn’t compatible. I couldn’t find anywhere else that said that it was or wasn’t. I just want to see if any one knows or not, So I will take it by your reply that you don’t know

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply...word from our engineering department (DW) is that it'll work out sweet.

You just need to observe a standard 2-3mm gap between the outer guard slider and the edge of the Turbocharger, and 5mm gap when using a 36T ring.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Last edited:

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply...word from our engineering department (DW) is that it'll work out sweet.

You just need to observe a standard 2-3mm gap between the outer guard slider and the edge of the Turbocharger, and 5mm gap when using a 36T ring.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Cheers for that, if the man says it will work sweet then that’s all I need to know. I will get one on order, its should lighten the old device up a bit.:thumb:

I just put a turbocharger on my DRS equipped trailbike and it works fine. I even changed out the cranks and used the exact same spacing for the backplate as I did with the old DRS bash guard set up. Looks way better and I think E-13 fixed the old problem of the bashguards cracking due to overtightening the chainring bolts. This guard is also way lighter but seems just as strong, if not stronger then the old bashrings.

The only thing that I can't understand for the life of me is why E-13 does not include chainring bolts to fit the turbocharger???????

Your old chainring bolts that fit your old bash will not work as the turbocharger is way thinner. I ground my old bolts down (not recommended) as I didn't have any laying around that fit and I'll fix it at a later date.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
The only thing that I can't understand for the life of me is why E-13 does not include chainring bolts to fit the turbocharger???????

Your old chainring bolts that fit your old bash will not work as the turbocharger is way thinner. I ground my old bolts down (not recommended) as I didn't have any laying around that fit and I'll fix it at a later date.
I just ran across a similar issue today when building a new bike for a buddy. Tried to put a Turbocharger on a pair of XT cranks with a 22-36-bash setup, and the Shimano chainring bolts were barely long enough. The bolts would thread on, but only about 2 threads were actually engaged. Ended up finding some longer bolts that worked a lot better.

But... after reading THIS POST, it appears that the Turbocharger is designed to use normal-length chainring bolts. What's the deal here?

EDIT: Another question: since the Turbocharger will work with a DRS guide, will it also work with my '06 SRS?

Last edited: