Quantcast

E-ntense

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
fucking kids ruin everything
It definitely ruins the kids. :rimshot:

Haven't seen too many e-bikes on trails here in the Bay Area (yet), but they're all over the streets in SF. There are some pretty rough headwinds in one direction on my commute, and lately I've enjoyed getting pulls from people on e-bikes. So motor-pacing for regular bikers is one redeeming quality. Speaking generally, however, they are sketchy and lack any kind of etiquette. That's true for lots of people out there, but it seems worse when there's a motor involved.

It's like e-bikers are the new Prius drivers: Smugness plus terrible skills and a sense of entitlement equals misery for everyone around you.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If it lets a dude road ride with his friends without dying, I'm all for it.

I don't want one, but the only way I can really muster any fucks to give against e bikes is if they lead to trail access issues. I don't see it being a problem where I live, and I'm not plugged in enough elsewhere to have a valid option on other locales.

This is not to say that I wouldn't mercilessly mock a buddy who bought one. That's just shooting fish in a barrel. :D

goga

Chimp
Apr 8, 2021
Electric bicycles are a fairly common form of transport in the UK. Because such a trip brings a lot of pleasure and health benefits. You can safely get to and from work No need to stand in long traffic jams.